Saying hi

bj27

Hi!

ok, a little bit more:

we've lodged an application for a 175 skilled independent in feb 2011, and are now waiting. We, that is me, my husband and our two kids (5 and 6). We're still looking for a new home for our two dogs, but if that doesn't work they'll come along too.

I've been reading on this forum for a while, which has been very helpful. Maybe I can return the favor on of these days.

Guest siamsusie
Hi!

ok, a little bit more:

we've lodged an application for a 175 skilled independent in feb 2011, and are now waiting. We, that is me, my husband and our two kids (5 and 6). We're still looking for a new home for our two dogs, but if that doesn't work they'll come along too.

I've been reading on this forum for a while, which has been very helpful. Maybe I can return the favor on of these days.

Hi there Bj27,

Welcome to Poms In Oz.

Please do feel free to post on our migration threads, many people are able to give you advice and support,

Pet wise, Moving2Melbourne (Kate) is exceptionally experienced in these matters and will also be able to give you some good suggestions.

Enjoy the forum.

Susie x:wubclub:

Well, the only thing that bothers me at the moment is timing. When to do the medicals? When do we put our house up for sale? When do we start the medical procedure of the dogs?

It all depends on when we will get our visa - which I understand is the million dollar question. It is all one great mystery! Well, maybe not all, but expectations vary from somewhere next month up to end 2012.

Thanks for the tip for the dogs, I'll keep it in mind!

Guest siamsusie

Hi Bj,

Some members sell their homes beforehand and live with relatives or rent, or leave it until they have the visa. This would depend on your circumstances.

You are probably best waiting for your case officer to advise you on the police checks and medicals as they have a 12 month life span.

Regarding your pets, maybe post on the "pets thread".. there are some great people ready to give you advice on there.

Susie x

Guest PAC2002

I remember asking the very same questions!! First thing the fact that you ask these questions means that you are a very organised person and I can assure you everything will fall into place keep your mind on the visa first and fore most. Other things you can do while waiting is research research research make the most of the time and shop around for best quotes. As for selling your house when is a good time??? Moving out with family etc is a good option that's what we did or you could say well if we don't sell we can always rent it out until it does. oooo it's soooo exciting isn't it???

oooo it's soooo exciting isn't it???

yes!!!! :jiggy:

well, when we applied we thought it would take us at least until 2013 before we would have to even think about these things. But then DIAC started with the cat 2 backlog and things speeded up considerably. It's making me very nervous not knowing where I will be next year.

I just can't wait to be able to GO!

Archived