Ielts

Guest roshen80

Guest roshen80

I am due to submit my application for the visa457. I understand that IELTS is part of the requirement for the visa. I am a veterinarian and I have sat for the IELTS in 2007 , and have subsequently been assessed by the assessing authority Australasian Veterinary Boards Council (AVBC) and been granted registration with the board and registered as a veterinarian in Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board of Victoria to practice recently . Since IELTS is a prerequirement to be registered to these licencing body , do i still have to undergo IELTS again or is it ok to attach my IELTS with the application? Please do advise. Thank you very much.

any1 with e mail contacts of the immi with whom i could check? thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Elbow

Hi, can anyone please help me I feel like I am meeting myself coming back!

I have just qualified as a nurse in the UK. Although I was taught and assessed in English at secondary school I only got a D (GCSE) in English. However in order to access my nursing programme I have to take the OCR L2 English , will this be enough for registration with AHPRA in WA or will I need to sit the IELTS?

Guest robnnic

Hi Elbow,

You will need to take your ielts and get 7's in every category on the academic test...how newly qualified are you? cos some states say you have to have so many years of experience......Might be an idea to start your own thread.

Nic.x.

Guest Elbow

Thanks for that.

It is really confusing cos when I spoke to the Western Australian Board (in the UK) they said it has been waived if you can show;

1) secondary education in UK, taught and assessed in English

2) you have the required level English level to enter University

I have both of these but everyones posts are making me doubt if this is right. I took the ielsts last Aug but failed on the writing by 0.5, GUTTED!!

I qualified in May this year but as I already have permanent residency visas I am eligiable for the grad nurse programmes, or at least that what it says. It is a mind field!!!!.

Guest robnnic

Elbow, read the ilets testing thread and look for jimmurry's post...he contacted WA and they said he didn't need it.x.

Archived