Hello and I need advice

Guest Chesterbelle

Guest Chesterbelle

Hi all,

I am been a stealth user of the forum for a week or so and I'm finally putting my queries out there!

I am 29, from Chester and my other half is an Aussie. He has been in the UK for 7 years on various versions of an ancestry visa, 5 of which we have nown each other. Over 2 years ago we finally got together and we have lived together since November 2009.

We recently got engaged and we are hoping to move back to his native Melbourne in April/May next year.

So......

I have identified that I would like to apply for a partner visa (I don't want to apply for a fiance visa as I do not want the pressure of marrying in Oz within 9 months and in reality we are thinking of getting hitched in March before we go) but would like advice on the following..........

Even though we have lived together since November 2009 he moved into the apartment I own and tehrefpre we have no joint utility bills BUT all his bank statements etc come to our current address. In addition to this we have copies of our holiday bookings (of which there have been plenty!) and joint holiday insurance, joint car insurance and I can get any number of statements form both his family/friends and mine.

Does this sound like evidence enough? I have lived thorugh years of fear with the OH's visa in the UK wherby you just get denied flat if you don't provide the necessary information but it sounds like yuor case worker works with you to get the information necessary?

Should I use a migration agent? Initially I was sold on it but reading posts on here I am questioning the need to spend £1000 on top of the already large fee if your case worker will correspond rather than just deny? Do you think I need to? We have so many photos etc and email correspondences to back up our relationship.not to mention facebook!

Also can anybody give me any general advice as to frontloading etc? I do not really see the need as I am hoping ot get everything together to apply before the end of June (before the fees go up) and this gives me neatly 10 months to get approval before we are planning to travel.......

Thoughts?

Any advice welcome!

Thanks in advance guys - my head is baflfled!!!:confused:

xxxx

Guest Demi60

Hi Chesterbelle,

If I were you apply for a defacto visa, it comes under Prospective Partner visa, this has two parts to it, the Fiancee part or the de facto part which is what you want. If you can't supply joint utilitiy bills not to worry, his bank statements with your address should suffice.

What the aussies are looking for is evidence of a genuine continuing relationship so make your statements with photos and any other organistaions that you have jointly maybe a gym membership.

Me and my now hubby did all the work ourselves, migration agents can get things wrong so why pay someone else when you can do it for less.

I just got all my documents photocopied, verified and sent my application form to London. I waited for a reply from them and went for my medical assessment. I applied in the April and received my visa in July so it was really quick.

Best wishes to the both of you in your new life together.

Demi x

Guest Chesterbelle

Thanks! I have reams of photos and yeah we have joint other things ( 2 savings accounts, named drivers on each others car insurance and named cardholders on credit cards and 2 x annual hols insurance policies) so I was thining it would be ok having received reassurance from posts here. I have found the booklet 1127 a fantatsic help. How many statements di you send from friends and family? I am concerned about overwhelming them with dated photos and plane tickets etc? xx

Guest Demi60

Hi Chesterbelle,

There was only two additional statements we made with our application. One from his mom and one from mine, both sets of parents verified our engagement & supplied photos.

Guest Chesterbelle

Thanks so much Demi60 - so on the face of it do you think we have enough without running nto any complications? i.e. do I really need to pay £1k for a migration agent or are they just putting the fear into me to sell me their services? xx

Guest Demi60

Save your money hun, don't go with a migration agent, they just want your money. You sure have enough to make this application.

Heaps of good luck to you xxx

Archived