endowments

Guest the stanleys

Guest the stanleys

Hi there

We are wondering if there is anyone who can give us some advice. We hope to be on our way to OZ next year but are wondering what to do with our endowment. Our mortgage is now a repayment so we do not need it for our mortgage but have kept it on as a savings plan. The question is can we keep it on even though we will not be in the country anymore and if we do keep it going will we be taxed on it in OZ and how much would we be looking at? We have 9 years remaining until it matures.

thanks all!!!!!!

Would be really interested in the answer to this as have a couple of endownments myself and dont see much point in carring them on if you get taxed at the end.

Hopefully someone will have some infomation.

Jan

We had two... from back in the 'good old days' of being told they would cover your mortgage...ha ha:nah: mine only made £8K it was supposed to cover a £35k.... what a joke that was!!!

We decided to cash them in recently as they were worth squot and we paid a bit off our mortgage with what we were given....one less thing to worry about!

min x:wubclub:

Guest The "Biscuits"

Hi The Stanleys

We are in a similar situation, using it as a savings plan as it's due to mature in 2015. I asked a similar question on this web site about 2 months ago and got quite a few interesting replies, (it may be worth doing a search). After reading everyones comments we decided that we will cash it in and take the money with us -

Debbie

Archived