Ozbus

Guest Tom the Pom

Guest Tom the Pom

Has anyone here done this yet???

It sounds an awesome trip 10,000 miles, 20 countries over 12 weeks!!!

It costs less than £4k so isn't out of reach - visas and border taxes, etc are not included so it will probably be just over £4k.

I don't think it's for everyone but if you are into back packing it might be a great trip.

Check it out at Ozbus, London to Sydney Bus Travel

If it was just me and hubby i would do it as I hate flying. But as we are travelling with 3 kids will take a pack of valium and a bottle of beer and take the flight. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tom the Pom

The first Ozbus left yesterday (16th Sep 2007) if it's a success they plan to have them monthly.

This is going to be quite a trip for the 36 passengers - I wonder how many will survive???

Guest Gollywobbler
The first Ozbus left yesterday (16th Sep 2007) if it's a success they plan to have them monthly.

This is going to be quite a trip for the 36 passengers - I wonder how many will survive???

Hi Tom

I came across Ozbus a few months ago. I think it is a fab idea. I'd love to do it but can't get 12 weeks off work with pay!

Is there a website where we can track the progress of the first bus, please?

Cheers

Gill

• 8 months later...
Guest Sassy

Hi there,

I was one of the first Ozbusers and the journey was certainly eventful! If anyone is considering doing this (it goes from Sydney to London as well as London to Sydney) and has any questions, let me know. If you do want to know what happened on our trip there is a blog at OzBus Diaries which has a day by day account of the trip and our life in Sydney since then.

S x

Guest Tom the Pom
Hi there,

I was one of the first Ozbusers and the journey was certainly eventful! If anyone is considering doing this (it goes from Sydney to London as well as London to Sydney) and has any questions, let me know. If you do want to know what happened on our trip there is a blog at OzBus Diaries which has a day by day account of the trip and our life in Sydney since then.

S x

Only one question - would you do it again??? (or even the return trip)

Guest Sassy

Yes and no. 12 weeks wasn't really long enough to see everywhere and some of the best places were rushed. There is a 32 week trip which I would rather do but if you only have 12 weeks, then yes, I would do it.

As for the return trip, it goes to the exact same places so that's not for me. :sad:

I will however, be travelling back to the UK from November going via New Zeland, USA, Canada and Bermuda. This time I'll be doing it without the Ozbus though!

Archived