Any Radiographers currently working in Australia?

Guest Stevieboy22

Guest Stevieboy22

My wife and I are moving to Melbourne in the next couple of months, I'm a Paediatric Nurse, she's a Radiographer. I was wanting to ask a few questions on behalf of my wife regarding working as a Radiographer in Oz.

How does the job differ in comparison to working in the UK?

Are roles and responsibilities different/same?

How autonomous are Radiographers in Oz?

Where is better to work, Hospital/Clinic?

What are the hours?

Are there a lot of opportunities for CT Radiographers?

Finally the big one, what are the wages like?

I appreciate any help anyone can give us on this and hope to find that there are a few Radiographers on this site.

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stevieboy22

Hi,

Just bumping this post back up as I have had no responses. A bit cheeky I know but there has to be at least 1 radiographer out there that can help.

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Guest clared85

Hi Steve

I'm a radiographer and living in Melbourne. However, came to Oz in Feb as a spouse on my husbands visa and am not yet working as had difficulty getting paperwork needed for overseas qualification assessment with the AIR. Once I'm working I'll attempt to answer the questions! A lot of the general radiographer jobs I've seen advertised have mentioned CT experience being desirable. When are you looking at moving?

Sorry I can't be more help at the moment

Clare

Guest Stevieboy22

Thanks Clare, hope you get sorted with registration and a job soon. I look forward to hearing about how things go for you. My wife and I are hoping to move by the end of July or start of August, just waiting on my eligibility to register letter which I should have in the next couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed you are able to get work soon.

Cheers

Steve

• 2 years later...
Hi Steve

I'm a radiographer and living in Melbourne. However, came to Oz in Feb as a spouse on my husbands visa and am not yet working as had difficulty getting paperwork needed for overseas qualification assessment with the AIR. Once I'm working I'll attempt to answer the questions! A lot of the general radiographer jobs I've seen advertised have mentioned CT experience being desirable. When are you looking at moving?

Sorry I can't be more help at the moment

Clare

Hi Clare, my wife and I are also Radiographers and we were recently granted our PR. Hope you have sorted out your AIR registration. any Radiographer here I have a couple of questions to ask?

Archived