Ielts revision

zoelo

Hi there,

I am new to this forum so I hope I'm not repeating a question.

I have to pass the Ielts exam and get band 7 in each area. I recently sat it and got 8.5 - speaking, 8 for listening 7 for writting then 6.5 for my reading, so completely gutted. Therefore I don't want to re-sit the exam until I know I'll definatly pass it. Can anyone recommend a good revision book or on line service that i should purchase, to help bring my mark up.

Thanks

Guest karlnchris

Hi

i went to the local library and borrowed some books. They had lots of test questions and also a cd for the listening part of the exam. I found this invaluable and passed. Good luck!

Guest NeilEB

I bought the book from Amazon (IELTS 7), and also the one from the IELTS site.

To be honest, Reading should be easily doable - just practice it a bit and you'll be fine, judging from your other scores

Guest NeilEB
Hi. My husband is having to take the IELTS and has to get 8 in all areas. Can anyone who has sat it advise if it is hard or relativley easy.

Hard to say without knowing your husband. I assume he's taking the General Test?

Speaking is the only one you don't really need to practice.

Reading and Listening are straightforward enough, but I would definitely recommned practising at least a couple of papers for each section.

If he's likely to 'fail' any section, it's the Writing. I think it's fair to say that Writing is the hardest one, particularly if you are not used to writing (at work or college).

If you go in thinking it's easy and don't practise anything, you will most likely fail. Practise, and it's fairly straightforward

• 3 weeks later...
Guest robnnic

Hi it maybe to late, but i put IELTS into you tube and got lots of good help...a particular one being englishryan. I to got 6.5 in my reading...i re sat it on 14th may...so fingers crossed!

Good luck

Guest Anya
Hi there,

I am new to this forum so I hope I'm not repeating a question.

I have to pass the Ielts exam and get band 7 in each area. I recently sat it and got 8.5 - speaking, 8 for listening 7 for writting then 6.5 for my reading, so completely gutted. Therefore I don't want to re-sit the exam until I know I'll definatly pass it. Can anyone recommend a good revision book or on line service that i should purchase, to help bring my mark up.

Thanks

With such a large variance between your highest and lowest scores, have you considered getting the reading module re-marked, rather than take the test again? Just a thought :-)

Guest NeilEB

Personally it's doubtful that the reading scores will be remarked higher - there's no 'opinion' in Reading or Listening, answers are either right or wrong

With such a large variance between your highest and lowest scores, have you considered getting the reading module re-marked, rather than take the test again? Just a thought :-)

Unfortunately, there isn't any point having either listening or reading remarked, as they both have answers that are either correct, or not matching the exact answer and therefore are wrong, and as they are marked by computer the only error would be if it didn't get marked at all really :mask:

If it were writing or speaking there is some point however, as these are subjectively marked by a human :spinny:

Archived