Can I unlock my UK pension or transfer across to Oz?

SmithFamily

heres the stats!!

I have around £30k in a UK pension fund, which was my former company savers scheme money which I heavily invested in (paying AVC's etc)

Anyway, heres the deal.

I am in early 30's and would need to wait until im about 60ish (best part of 25 years) before I can cash it in!

Now, after I left the company, it transpires that you will get around £1k per year for every £20k you have in the pot, so at best I am looking at around £1/2k per year as a pension from this scheme, which is pretty poor to say the least, and would take almost 10/15 years to even pay for itself, by which time I will be in a box! lol!!!

Anyway, ideally I would like to unlock this money somehow, and use it as a deposit for a home in Oz, or worse case transfer it across to my Super fund. (can you take it out of this after a few years?)

anyone any advice, or can point me in the direction of a reputable/fairly cheap financial adviser??

Guest Liam

Which State and city are you in and I will point you in the right direction. Yes you can transfer and then invest it agressive or defensive assets as you pelase within the Superannuation system but no you cannot access it after a few years.

Archived