time scales

Guest claireand bob

Guest claireand bob

Hi,

if you have your police checks and medicals done unrequested do they still let you know when you are allocated a case worker. We are applying for 136 skilled modl visa. :wink:

Had medicals 30th March, got police checks back same date.

Bored waiting!

Have sold house stc,

ASPC confirmed recepit 28 december 2005, any ideas how long before we can go to brisbane??

cheers :D

Guest Missiemo

If you have had your meds done and police checks done, I would now strongley advise you to email ASPC, and tell them your medicals are done and that they are on there way to them, and ask them to confirm who your case officer is.

We had all our med's done and sent off it took us emailing them to ask for a case officer and to confirm they had received our med's back before we had a reponse, the next day they confirmed receipt of our med's and confirmed our case officer, two weeks later we received our visa grant by email.

Good Luck

Missiemo

Guest Missiemo

Hi Claire

We lodged our application on the 9th September 2005, we had our med's done 31/01/06, and had our visa granted 27th Feb 06.

Good Luck

Mo

Guest Alison1967

Claire

We did our medicals and PCC's two months after we lodged.

I attached post it stickers to all the xray and medical forms with our CLF number.

I also wrote this on the back of the PCC form and enclosed a photocopy of the receipt I got off the surgery where I had my medicals done.

I only found out by chance when I rang up on the off chance and asked what region were dealing with my application and when would I get a CO that I had had one for two weeks!!! I emailed her (CO) and got my visa next day

If they have all the info they need, they don't contact you until they grant it. This happened to loads on the britshexpats website.

I was granted my visa 6 weeks and 1 day after they received my medical info at LCU in sydney.

Ali

Guest Littlenick

Hi Missiemo

New to this site but just reading what people are saying. We very much want to move to Oz and see by your post that it only took you about 5 months to get your visa. Could I ask if you went through an immigration consultant or if you done the application yourself?

Thanks

Littlenick

:lol:

Guest Mark & Gina

Hi Claire and Bob,

We too are applying under 136 MODL. Just to give you an idea, our application was received by ASPC 27th November and we had our acknowledgement 5th December. We phoned last week and were told we have now been assigned a case officer and should hear from them within the next ten days or so. But they did say that this visa class has suffered the biggest delay due to number of applicants.

So I guess you should have your CO in the next couple of weeks.

I hope you hear soon!!

Mark & Gina

so I can get the checks done before they ask? Dumb question time.. what do I ask for and what format should these checks take? Do I just go to the Police station and ask and who can do the medical?

Guest Missiemo

Hello Littlenick

Yes it took us 5 months and three days from the date of sending our visa's application to ASPC, no we did not use a migration agent, would highly recommend you do it yourself, the paperwork is very easy to follow with all the help you need on the immi web site.

You will save thousand's of pounds, and believe me you will need it.

All the very best of luck, just send me a PM if you should want any advice.

Take Care

Missiemo

Guest Alison1967
so I can get the checks done before they ask? Dumb question time.. what do I ask for and what format should these checks take? Do I just go to the Police station and ask and who can do the medical?

PCC - you go to your local police station and get the form from them.

Caution - if you get the meds and Pcc's done too early you night end up with a limited time to validate your visa or end up having to do them again which in regard to medicals is costly.

If your MODL its worth considering doing these say two months before you expect to get a Case Officer but there was an increase in applications late last year and early this year especially cos of the games in Oz that they are experiencing significant delays in processing the visa applications.

Wish you well, whatever you decide.

Ali

PCC - you go to your local police station and get the form from them.

Caution - if you get the meds and Pcc's done too early you night end up with a limited time to validate your visa or end up having to do them again which in regard to medicals is costly.

If your MODL its worth considering doing these say two months before you expect to get a Case Officer but there was an increase in applications late last year and early this year especially cos of the games in Oz that they are experiencing significant delays in processing the visa applications.

Wish you well, whatever you decide.

Ali

many thanks

Guest shakatara

Hi everyone,

Just a quick one, to give some of you out there some hope, i phoned DIMIA processing Centre last night, and lone and behold, we had a C.O and didnt even know it. Application Ack, on 19 December, and got CO on the 12 April. I have been given her email address, but so far have had no contact from her. Apparantly she has got our medicals with her, which i was a bit worried about getting lost along the line.

If all is fine, (crossing fingers) our police clearances are at our agents waiting, and thats it. I HOPE.

Hope this helps put some peoples minds at ease.

shakatara

Guest Missiemo

Hi Everyone

This confirms what I have already advised many people, you need to find excuses to call or email ASPC to remind them about your application, it does seem they need a gentle reminder now and again.

Guest choobs
Hi everyone,

Just a quick one, to give some of you out there some hope, i phoned DIMIA processing Centre last night, and lone and behold, we had a C.O and didnt even know it. Application Ack, on 19 December, and got CO on the 12 April. I have been given her email address, but so far have had no contact from her. Apparantly she has got our medicals with her, which i was a bit worried about getting lost along the line.

If all is fine, (crossing fingers) our police clearances are at our agents waiting, and thats it. I HOPE.

Hope this helps put some peoples minds at ease.

shakatara

Urk! You're a 136 aren't you? Are you MODL?

Choobs

Archived