Suburbs help

Jems30

I have 3 young children (9, 7 & 5) and we are looking for a suburb with very good schools, close to the beach, shops, restaurants, good for a young family. Any advice?

A friend of mine just emigrated to Mindarie, and an old school friend lives in Warnbro.

Guest edwardsfamily

we live in quinns rocks about 5 minutes north of mindarie. Our friends live in mindarie but it was out of our price range!

that said, now i live in Quinns, i prefer it here....its perfect for the beach, loads of parks, cafe on the beach, great schools, lovely restaurants...i could go on.

i have 8 and 6 year olds who have settled brilliantly. There is a sports club, and then cricket, soccer and all sorts of clubs going on here too. My son plays soccer for quinns ** so depending on what your children like, theres lots to do. I believe there is also cubs/scouts/guides or something not too far.

shops...you have ocean keys at clarkson, or butler shops, or a 15 minute drive to joondalup.

having said that, it all depends on your budget, work, etc

Thank you for your reply.

Quinns sounds great, I shall take a look.

My 9 year old is a gynmast, he is doing so well here in the UK. I wonder if they have gymnastic clubs he could join over there. Do you know if they do have gymnastic clubs there? He also plays football for our town.

Guest rache&matt

Hi there,

We are also looking at Quinns or Mindarie so are interested in this thread.

I really dont want to upset any folk who live in Clarkson before I start, as I believe parts of it are nice, but you cant ignore some opinions on the suburb which make out that it is a bit less desirable and the school is not the best ( I have never been there so not my opinion).

After reading some of these comments my question is, do you get any trouble in Mindarie or Quinns being neighbouring suburbs of Clarkson?

Also, would you consider it possible to commute to the city from Mindaie/ Quinns or would we have to concentrate on Joondalup for work?

Anyone out there got info on Mindary primary?

Thanks alot

Rache

Archived