Hello all!

The Harbords

I would just like to say hello to everyone and would love to be able to call on your well valued advice as we make our journey. We had our visa granted in March, never thought it was ever going to happen (been 21/2 years). In the beginning we planned to go to Adelaide.....then changed our minds and decided on Queensland........last month had a mad panic and wanted to go to Adelaide again (all my doing)......but now have finally decided on Queensland.

The next dilema... Gold Coast or Brisbane:wacko: I am driving everyone mad, everyone else is just going to go along with what I decide. Mark is an electrician so has to look for a job when we are out there. Daughters....2 are training to be accountants (hoping for jobs as trainee accountants rather than stay in full time education) and 1 daughter is a hairdresser) I am at home at the moment with our youngest daughter Grace (worked as an Occupational Therapy Tech in a hospital stroke unit).

Finding work is our main priority, but would like to live somewhere quiet and child friendly for Grace but also have to take into account our older daughters (opportunties to make friends and have their own social life).

Which would you recommend as a good starting point?:confused:

Got loads more questions but will leave it at that for now

Thanks loads

Sharonx

Hi Sharon:smile:..welcome to PIO and congrats on your visa!..exciting times ahead if you can decide where to go lol..we are from Perth, which is a beautiful city..so i really can't advise you on the other States..there are plenty of others who can but..i see you have older children and a littly..are the older one's happy to move over?..we have a similar family..three older one's in their early twenties and a little lad, who is an Aussie:smile:..hope someone comes along to help soon..take care and all the best with your decision..

Hi

Thanks terri. At the moment all my daughters and willing and ready to make the move. My daughter Charlotte was the one who was not coming, but when our visa arrived she surprised us all. We don't want to wait around too long as things can change so quickly with older children.

How have your older ones settled. Are they glad they made the move?

Sharon

Archived