Help!!!!ENS 856

Poca&Dan

Hello,

It's been a while since I have been on here, have been in Oz now for just over a year and am now at the stage of applying for PR. My employer has agreed to sponsor me and am now just getting the paperwork together (hoped I'd never have to do that again!!!)! Anyway I am just reading through the requirements and it says I need 3 years post qualification fulltime experience and I don't have that - I will have it in October, but my current visa runs out in Nov, so need to get my app in! When I looked into PR before we left UK I don't rememeber that being a requirement, but you did need 1 years FT experience. Have I just read this wrong or am I going to struggle?

Any info would be much appreciated! Thank you!

I take it you are a nurse ?

If so..............

I am sure that you do not need the 3 years experience as you are currently in post.

HR will draft a letter for Immigration stating that you continue to be employed and your position remains in demand (skill shortage).

When you are completing the paperwork, you just have to tell immigration to refer to the letter from HR.

You should have someone in HR who deals specifically with PR paperwork who will guide you through it

Hope that makes sense....................and I hope I am correct ?

Good Luck

Hi

Thank you for that, yes am a nurse! Hahaha, whenever I have looked into PR I have never come across the 3 year thing but looking a 'booklet 5' it says that if I don't have the 3 years experience I can apply for excepional circumstances where the employer states it is a position that they can't fill, though after reading what you have written I guess that falls into the critical skills category? My other thought was whether I should just apply in October, but that will only be 1 month before my 457 expires, is there some kind of bridging visa between the two? My last resort would be to apply for another 457 and then at the end of the year apply for PR but tbh after I do this visa I never want to have to go through the visa process again!!!! And that seems like a lot of hassel!

Just go ahead and apply for your PR now - when you get to the bit in the form where it asks for the 3 year experience, you just tick the exceptional circumstances box and write "see enclosed letter from".....ie Melbourne Health...........which of course you will have a copy of seeing as HR have to type the letter up for you................

Don't panic.....................................PR is heading your way..........I worked with a lot of nurses who got their PR this way............some of them only had to wait 7 days from submission of paperwork to Visa grant.

Archived