The Fig Rolls are on me!!!

Wolla Bolla Bing Bong

Morning,

Yes you have read the title correctly the Fig Rolls are on me because.......I have just received my VISA!!!:jiggy:

Wow this has been a long journey and it hasn't really sunk in yet.

I woke up this morning and before I did anything I thought I would pop on to the online visa checking system and there it was.....

I am a little worried and excited all at the same time but I am sure these worried feelings will soon disappear. I have a lot of things to do and to arrange a date to fly out.

I have to be in Australia before the 16th March 2012.

Thanks to all who have provided words of encouragement and the banter, must not forget the banter.

Don't worry as I am not leaving PIO oh no, I will be on here as per usual helping out where ever I can.

Cheers

Matt

Timeline:

Vetassess Passed - Feb 2009

Application Lodged QLD - 9th June 2009

176 SS QLD Approved - Sept 2009

Living in limbo...

Moved to Cat 3

More living in limbo

Received Case Officer - Feb 2011

Medicals - 4th March 2011

UK & Oz Police Checks - 25th March & 1st April 2011

Visa Granted - 4th April 2011

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest16631

3424720630_84736b66e7.jpgcongratulations................................I could eat 3 just incase you need numbers.............

Guest Burchos

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so pleased for you. What a great start to your week.

Penny

Guest guest30038
Morning,

Yes you have read the title correctly the Fig Rolls are on me

Yiou can keep 'em...............they give me the shlts :embarrassed: :biglaugh: But congratulations anyway.............I'll settle for a chocolate hobnob :yes:

kev

Guest JK2510

Wow congratulations!!! I'm really pleased for you Matt!

Will you be supplying biccies to those that don't like fig rolls!?!?!?!

Guest Guest16631

never mind..................the lamington.jpgmost important thing is your visa............and you will probably be havving these with your cuppa..............cheap and cheerful..............:biggrin:

Guest Guest16631

biscuit_assortment.jpg are you in for a surprise ................its a lamington.............sponge and coconut............but by the way this has escalated you will need this.........see above.............and a small mortgage................:laugh:

Guest VickyMel

Put me down for a packet of fig rolls please!

Love 'em could eat them till they come out me ears (and will happily eat Jodies for her)

Whoooooopieee!

Congratulations Matt really brilliant news.

Vicky

biscuit_assortment.jpg are you in for a surprise ................its a lamington.............sponge and coconut............but by the way this has escalated you will need this.........see above.............and a small mortgage................:laugh:

Haha, oh dear this free fig rolls offer has escalated more than I predicted. I shall see how much room I have on me credit card.

Put me down for a packet of fig rolls please!

Love 'em could eat them till they come out me ears (and will happily eat Jodies for her)

Whoooooopieee!

Congratulations Matt really brilliant news.

Vicky

Thanks Vicky, you and the rest of your clan (you know who you are, JK2510 and Libbysmum and many more) have provided much banter throughout this process so thanks again.

It still hasn't sank in, I suppose it will do over time.

As for the Fig rolls, join the club.

If I was captured by the enemy and tortured to an inch of my life, I will still not tell them anything but, if you offered me a packet of fig rolls and a brew...wellllll....you got me there, I'd tell you everything!

I just dont have a wil power when it comes to them tasty rectangular treats. :embarrassed:

Saying that I have hardly touched them these past few weeks...I will be stocking up on them and sending them over in my removals crate along with my tools and scuba gear :biggrin:

Thanks Vicky, you and the rest of your clan (you know who you are, JK2510 and Libbysmum and many more) have provided much banter throughout this process so thanks again.

If I was captured by the enemy and tortured to an inch of my life, I will still not tell them anything but, if you offered me a packet of fig rolls and a brew...wellllll....you got me there, I'd tell you everything!

I just dont have a wil power when it comes to them tasty rectangular treats. :embarrassed:

Saying that I have hardly touched them these past few weeks...I will be stocking up on them and sending them over in my removals crate along with my tools and scuba gear :biggrin:

Congrats on ure visa, vicki can have my fig roll but I would love a Jaffa cake.........or if in oz I would love a tim tam 

Hoping for a move to oz in the coming year or two.......hoping not three!

Congrats on ure visa, vicki can have my fig roll but I would love a Jaffa cake.........or if in oz I would love a tim tam 

Hoping for a move to oz in the coming year or two.......hoping not three!

Cheers Munchbaby99,

I was thinking the same back in 2009 but the only reason why it took so long is with all the changes that appeared. We had new visa process's, then new categories and then a new government! :eek:

What visa are you applying for and what profession?

Things seem to be much more efficient now so I cant see it taking as long as mine did.

Cheers

Matt

CONGRATULATIONS....Great news time to start the planning again x :jiggy:

Archived