teaching in OZ

Guest suzanne

Guest suzanne

hi

tried to post a question yesterday but can't find it so trying again!

hubby & I are secondary school teachers. What's it like teaching there? I lived in Victoria for a couple of years when I was little. Always wanted to go back. Are we too old at 45 & 46? kids want to go- 17,15 & 13. any advice welcome.

Suzanne

hi stacey, hope you don't think I'm cheeky but would you have information that you can share on teaching as we are leaving in August both of us are teachers and would be grateful for anything you can share.

many, many thanks

val

Guest suzanne

hi

thank you for the PM. I have just read through. useful info. I think we may have left it all too late as on line assessments say we are too old!! Does anyone know a way around that one?

Suzanne

Guest Rbecca

Can I be really cheeky and ask for any info on teaching in Oz. I am nearly ready to sent off final medical forms and am crossing my fingers that it won't be too long before I need to look for a teaching job in the north of Brisbane area.

Thanks

Rbecca

Guest suzanne

still researching!

does anyone know what exactly is being asked for in transcripts of degrees etc.

Can anyone give an indication as to what life is really like teaching in a secondary school in Oz. Hours, kids, facilities? average school sizes?I teach DT and have done some art & hubby teaches Maths.

Do they tend to have sixth forms or tertiary colleges?

it's grey outside and my feet itch!

suzanne

Archived