1>What's it like to live

2>Is it a good place to bring up kids

3>schools

4>And any other comments anyone has got

Thanks for you're time Fancyfella and the tribe

P.S YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE :lol:

Guest forshac

Hi there,

We are also looking to move to Narre Warren...

We visited there in Nov 05 as we have friends that have moved over about a year ago now. We loved the place, hence our desire to move there! :D

What do you specifically want to know and I shall try to answer the best I can.

Guest forshac

Sorry in answer to your questions earlier..

We dont have children yet..However, our friends have 2 both aged 5 & 4. The kids have adapted really well and seem to really like living in OZ (but they are younger). Their mum & Dad have said they are really pleased with the facilities they have at school and how it does not compare to the UK. When we were there, you could see that children could really be themselves in OZ, play and have imagination without being told "be quite"..

The facilities are second to none and the beaches are about 20mins or so and its all FREE!

We viewed a new housing development when we were there and the houses were amazing!! We never imagined we could afford a house like that..Our frineds house should be ready in about 3 weeks or so..They really like it there.

We will probably (all being well) work in central Melbourne. I'm in Banking and my hubby is a car mechanic. What about you guys, what are your plans? have been out there yet? what jobs are you seeking for?

Guest fancyfella

Hi there,

How we all doing been looking on real estate au and been browsing for 4 bedrooms for rent and found narre warren and what you can have for youre money is brilliant,We hope to be out there by september the latest had our meds done last week so hope it wont be long,I am fabricator/welder so be looking when i get out there my best mate lives in bulleen and he said there is plenty of work out ther for me :lol:

He wants me to live there but been looking on net and dont fancy it and expensive as it's around 10 mins from melbourne.

We have three kids 12/10/8 so thats good that you said the schools are good in narre warren thats the main priority.

Was it as good as you thought when you went to oz, when are you hoping to go.

thanks for you're reply talk soon fancyfella and the tribe

P.S. YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE :wink:

Guest forshac

Yes it was as good as we thought and alot better..

We have sent our meds and police checks so now just waiting to hear either way!! Its killing us..

• 4 years later...
Guest Ozexperience
Sorry in answer to your questions earlier..

We dont have children yet..However, our friends have 2 both aged 5 & 4. The kids have adapted really well and seem to really like living in OZ (but they are younger). Their mum & Dad have said they are really pleased with the facilities they have at school and how it does not compare to the UK. When we were there, you could see that children could really be themselves in OZ, play and have imagination without being told "be quite"..

The facilities are second to none and the beaches are about 20mins or so and its all FREE!

We viewed a new housing development when we were there and the houses were amazing!! We never imagined we could afford a house like that..Our frineds house should be ready in about 3 weeks or so..They really like it there.

We will probably (all being well) work in central Melbourne. I'm in Banking and my hubby is a car mechanic. What about you guys, what are your plans? have been out there yet? what jobs are you seeking for?

Hi, Is this about Narre Warren south?, We are planning to move in Dec this year, & we are looking at Narre warren south. Would you know how it is over there?:laugh:

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi, Is this about Narre Warren south?, We are planning to move in Dec this year, & we are looking at Narre warren south. Would you know how it is over there?:laugh:

Narre Warren South has nice and not so nice areas, the new estates are lovely and border Cranbourne North. The NWS Prep - Yr12 school has gone downhill over the last few years.

Narre Warren North is also a lovely area, it has a more rural feel with some stunning houses.

• 3 weeks later...

You might want to do some internet research about the schools in that area, to see what other Aussie parents think. One of my collegues pays for a private school for her children, as she is not impressed with the public schools in this area. However, that might depend on the suburb and it might also just be her opinion. Otherwise I think that Narre Warren is a nice area with very affordable house prices, and has a rural feeling to it, but it also has a shopping centre, etc.

Hi folks, :shock:

Just a quick question has anyone been or lived in narre warren in victoria

1>What's it like to live

2>Is it a good place to bring up kids

3>schools

4>And any other comments anyone has got

Thanks for you're time Fancyfella and the tribe

P.S YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE :lol:

Hi

We moved to Australia just over 2 years ago. We have family in Narre Warren, we lived there for a while and then moved to Narre South, not that far apart. There are lots of facilities in terms of shops and schools etc. We decided to build and move to a new development in Lyndhurst. Wanted to be walking distance to the train and didnt feel the need to be close to shops plus its 10- 5 minutes closer to the beach, but it is still under development and there will be a lot of work going on for the next few years, but we were looking at it long term. Our son is only 3 so didnt need facilities straight away.

I would think your biggest concern would be the schools, I know some people complain about the state schools in the area. Its slightly more expensive but Berwick would be worth a look. Still very well established and a short drive to the shops in Narre.

Archived