new and looking to work in aircon and refrig

AllenTara

Hi, myself and my wife are looking to relocate in the next year or so , really just in the planning stages just now but 100% sure after lots of thinking that we want to relocate to oz and brisbane or surrounding area.

I have been working of shore nitrogen pressure testing but re training as aircon refrig and hvac mechanic in the next couple of months.

if anyone has any information on areas to live schools ect as we have 3 kids and a golden retriever also coming with us that would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Allen & Tara :biggrin:

Guest MaybeOz

Welcome to PIO:yes:

If you haven't done so already, I would suggest that you get an initial free consultation with an Immigration Agent (if you search on here there are several recommended ones).

You do not have to go ahead and use an agent but they will guide you on the best visa options open to you (if any). You may also find that an agent can advise you on employment opportunities across all states in order that you can move to the most lucrative for your trade.

You will need to have your skills assessed by the appropriate body i.e. TRA and, again, an agent will provide details of this.

Wishing you all the best with your plans.

Kari :wubclub:

Need a CV/Resume? PM me or email TheWrittenProof@Gmail.com

Hi Kari, i was going to wait till i have retrained rather than contacting them and asking them if they can help after i have re trained, my course is in june and i will then be fully qualified , we did think about using an agent but have also been advised by family in oz that they can be very expensive and usually not too important , so we are kinda torn , i would think they would be good but not too sure.

Guest dannylatics

I thought about doing the same thing as Im a mechanical fitter by trade but from what I understand you need a few years experience a long with the certification. Thats why Im going to apply for PR as a mechanical fitter, then retrain once in Oz to a career more in demand in whatever area I choose to stay in. Hopefully Queensland but with the gas/oil/mining industry looking my best option then I think W.A. is our most likely destination

I may be wrong aboutt he experience bit mate, Im sure some one on here will be able to confirm/correct me

Good luck anyway mate

Guest JK2510

Some states now require 7+ years of work experience.

We have just made the move to Perth after a long 3 yr visa process.

There are sooo many hoops to jump through before you get your visa and plenty after arrival. My OH is having to enrol in tech college to get a restricted electrical licence and has since found out that he will have to do another test to satify artick licencing.

It's never ending really!

There are plenty of air con jobs about.

Are you planning on a state sponsored visa or an employer sponsered visa??

• 2 years later...

Archived