From holiday visa to pr- can it be done?

bryam99

Hi guys,

I wanted advice if anyone can help. In a nutshell we came over 3 years ago and eldest boy stayed behind to finish his apprenticeship and college (now builder carpenter) we expected him to join us but he and his partner moved in together and had a beautiful baby boy :biggrin: (eek! I'm a granny :swoon:lol)

ANYWAY, he is now a 21 year old father with defacto relationship. They would like to join us here eventually. So now the crux, do you know of anyone who came over to family and then applied for pr once they were here?? It would save sooo much time and it doesn't matter how long it takes once they are here does it? I'm impatient to have our family reunited but now my son is not a dependent he would have to apply in his own right for himself and his little family. That was a bloody big nutshell, apologies!

So what do you reckon? Is it possible to cut corners to get them here quickly or would immigration frown on this? Is it illegal? Can it be done?

I would be most grateful for any insights you may have. Cheers:wubclub:

Guest MarkandVerlie

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you can't get a bridging visa from a tourist visa to PR. Even if they came on a 1 year yourist visa, there is a "no further stay" condition attached and you have to leave Australia at that time.

My advice would be for your son to apply for 175/176 sponsored visa from UK, in his own right. Whatever you do, keep everything above board and up-front.

He will not be eligible for State Sponsorship, as there is a minimum of 7 years work experience required for this. Family sponsorship on a 176 would be a better option.

Good Luck!

Archived