more newbies (Pom&Kraut) :-)

marta

We are new.

He is British, I am German. We shall be down under in May - but we have not even applied for Visa yet. Still waiting for the contract, that's why. Though we are expected to be in Melbourne so soon. Very odd.

Do you think it can be done?

In any case we need a place to stay soon. For the first few months we will have to live out of a suitcase by the looks of it.

We already got removal quotes but obviously it takes a while until the container arrives from the UK.

So we would be grateful for any helpful hints as we are basically without any knowledge about how to organize such a big thing in such a short time.

PS: We already moved a couple of times between Germany, Italy, France and England so we have experience moving stuff around - but for the rest.........

Many thanks Kari! I see you are still in UK, we are currently in Italy. To be honest we never ever thought of moving to Australia before but now it kind of happened. I'm more of a UK fan actually.......... The UK is so much nearer to my family. This is going to be hard for me.

The rest of the forum will still be asleep right now.

Funny thought actually. As soon as you are in Oz you will always be approx 10 hours older.:eek:

Does anyone have any advice as to how survive a 27 hour flight please? Oh and btw I am afraid of flying. Usually at least. So anything one can do on a plane for two days in a row??:wideeyed:

Archived