Question regarding passport

The Hippo

Hopefully due to come out to Melbourne in June with the family via a 457 visa working for my current employer. Just received word that I've been successful in getting the job so still to start visa application process which my work shall lead. Question is my passport I'd due to expire in December 2012, do I require to have a certain amount of time left on my passport for the visa application.

Thanks

The Hippo

Guest siamsusie
Hopefully due to come out to Melbourne in June with the family via a 457 visa working for my current employer. Just received word that I've been successful in getting the job so still to start visa application process which my work shall lead. Question is my passport I'd due to expire in December 2012, do I require to have a certain amount of time left on my passport for the visa application.

Thanks

The Hippo

I believe the requirement is 6 months on a Passport Hippo as far as passport controls are concerned throughtout the world.

You can renew your passport here in Australia.

Australia Post - United Kingdom/British passports

http://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov.uk/resources/en/pdf/Passports/Australia-passports/Australia-passport-fee-sheet

Cost wise, it might be cheaper to renew in the UK than Australia, maybe check that one out.

Congratulations by the way on your new job.

Best wishes

Susie:wubclub:

Guest Michael Rimmer

I came out on a 457 with my current employer - on an initial 2 year secondment but on a 4 year visa. I believe the passport has to cover the whole length of the Visa as I had to go and get our sons passport renewed as it ran out 4 months prior.

Cheers

Michael

Archived