Aircraft Mechanic help

Guest The Smiths

Guest The Smiths

Hi. New to this site and would like some info. My husbands career is on the MODL. He has worked with aircraft for 20+ years but everytime I look at jobs for his trade it always comes up that he needs to be an australian citizen.

Guest ed champ

is it australian citizen you have seen, or a current australian resident, as i have been looking for similar work I have noticed a lot of employers are asking for australian residents only. Which makes it harder to get a job before you get there, I can see their method though, because if I was advertising the job I would interview people in the UK instead of someone arriving from a foreign country in a few weeks. Makes sense but does not make our lifes any easier on this big jump....

Guest The Smiths

jobs seem to advertise mostly for citizens. How easy was it to fill in the TRA, any tips, and I see that your moving to Perth very soon, is there plenty of work there as my husband is an Aircraft Fitter and also has qualifications as a Mechanical Production Engineer .

Have you got a job to go too, and could you advise me on any good job websites or any help would be appreciated.

hi smiths

the job adverts read .for oz citizens that means you must have the relevent paper work ie permenent residence visas to work in oz

when i was in perth in march this yr there were hundreds of jobs advertised every wed /sat in the west australian paper dont know about aircraft fitter but i would imagine there would be plenty if you look on these web sites it might give you an idea

www.careerone .com.au

SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site

cheers

Guest The Smiths

Thanks for advice on both Aircraft Fitter and Healthcare.

Everytime I check websites for hubbys chosen career it always states that he needs to be an Australian citizen for security reasons!!!! Yet his nominated occupation is now on the MODL. Im a bit puzzled. He used to be in the forces and is now at aerospace. Would this be enough for security clearance or do you think if he got visa that should be enough.

Debs

Guest cornishoz
Hi. New to this site and would like some info. My husbands career is on the MODL. He has worked with aircraft for 20+ years but everytime I look at jobs for his trade it always comes up that he needs to be an australian citizen.

one reason could be that many air industry companies deal with defence as well as civilian contracts and so a higher level of vetting is done. this seems to apply even if someone has worked in uk defence sector prior to moving here.The Australian (newspaper)has an aviation sector supplement every week featuring news and jobs at all levels. this is the link Aviation | The Australian, Weekend Australian, newspaper, Australia | The Australian

Guest Shandell

Hello The Smiths

I agree with cornishoz, many of the big companies you have to have Australian Citizenship with at least 10 years history (police/security clearance) as they work with defence. Have a look at the smaller Aero companies (there are heaps of them around) where you may not need security clearance.

Also, there is a couple of recruiters who only work with Aero jobs. There is one lady - Jan Lowe, she's been in the industry for 20 years (Australian Aerospace Resources Pty Ltd - Aerospace Recruitment and Job Opportunities). Don't know her, but have heard she knows this market well. Maybe worth getting in touch with her.

Good luck

Shandell

Archived