Another pic of Geelong Bay/Harbour:

Geelong_bay.jpg

A bit of Geelong City Centre:

Market.jpg

Another pic of Geelong City Centre:

Morabool_street.jpg

Geelong Bay/Harbour Area:

Palmtree.jpg

Geelong is about an hour away from Melbourne. It's a beautiful place. As you can see, it was a lovely day earlier but it's now raining

Hi Anne, Lovely photos. We are heading for Point Cook sometime next year but we will definately check out Geelong now it looks lovely. Thanks. Jo.

Here's some pics (as promised) that I took of Geelong earlier on today:

Geelong Bay/Harbour:

Bay.jpg

Aaa, Lovely photos Anne, :notworthy:

Thanks very much for sharing, these are better than Travel Guides; perhaps you'd like to put your favourites on a thread of Fav Ozzy things, where I'm trying to create a virtual map of Ozzy wonderfulness & such pictures would be the perfect addition!?

Love

Herbster XX :jiggy: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/expat-arrival-gossip/23148-ultimate-guide-fantastic-oz.html

Guest gary12

Anne,

We are going to Geelong in Feb for 2 weeks as the base for our Victoria 'reccie'.

Great to see some 'real' photos.

Gary

• 1 year later...
You'll love it in Geelong (it's a beautiful city). Will try to take some more and get them posted for you

Thank you Anne.

We are coming to Geelong to validate our long a waited visas in April, these pictures remind me of why we picked Geelong.:laugh:

Thanks

Jackie, Tony, finlay(6), Matilda(3)

Thanks, really nice to get some pics we are planning to move to Geelong in August. Do you know any places to rent? do you think its a good base to start? Jen x

Thank you Anne.

We are coming to Geelong to validate our long a waited visas in April, these pictures remind me of why we picked Geelong.:laugh:

Thanks

Jackie, Tony, finlay(6), Matilda(3)

You're welcome, they were taken about a year ago. I do have more but can't attach them as it won't let me for some reason

Thanks, really nice to get some pics we are planning to move to Geelong in August. Do you know any places to rent? do you think its a good base to start? Jen x

Definitely a good base to start. Don't know any places to rent as I'm now in Adelaide (had to relocate for bf's job), however we managed to get a rental through Elders real estate. Not sure of the addy but google elders.com.au

I lived in Highton which is quite a sort after suburb. It's about a 10 minute drive/bus journey to the city centre. Highton is not far from an area called Belmont that has a lot of shops, including Coles (supermarket) and Kmart. Highton also has a few shops as well as Safeway. It's a fab place, I miss it now we're In Adelaide

ooooooo cant wait for may were heading out to Geelong then too!

Have fun and make sure you check out Bells Beach (it's where they filmed Point Break - Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze)

Definitely a good base to start. Don't know any places to rent as I'm now in Adelaide (had to relocate for bf's job), however we managed to get a rental through Elders real estate. Not sure of the addy but google elders.com.au

I lived in Highton which is quite a sort after suburb. It's about a 10 minute drive/bus journey to the city centre. Highton is not far from an area called Belmont that has a lot of shops, including Coles (supermarket) and Kmart. Highton also has a few shops as well as Safeway. It's a fab place, I miss it now we're In Adelaide

Anne.

We are looking at Highton, really liked it when we visited there.

Did you find it easy to make friends? And settle in? Slightly nervous we'll be isolated!!!

Are the schools good?

What do you think of Adelaide?

Thanks

Jackie and co

Nah ! we're in Geelong and love it, Living in Highton at the moment and looking for somewhere to buy.

Good pics by the way found a great day for it, can't belive its raining though, or at least if it is it will only last about 2 minutes !!!

We've found it easy to settle theres loads going on and loads of social groups to join. We've made some friends and have only been here since november. Everyone here is really friendly but obviously it takes time to make proper friends but its a decent place, everyone is great so far and we've been here 3 months. Sometimes I have to pinch myself that I've actually been here that long it still seems pretty stunning.

Nah ! we're in Geelong and love it, Living in Highton at the moment and looking for somewhere to buy.

Good pics by the way found a great day for it, can't belive its raining though, or at least if it is it will only last about 2 minutes !!!

We've found it easy to settle theres loads going on and loads of social groups to join. We've made some friends and have only been here since november. Everyone here is really friendly but obviously it takes time to make proper friends but its a decent place, everyone is great so far and we've been here 3 months. Sometimes I have to pinch myself that I've actually been here that long it still seems pretty stunning.

Thanks for that, it's nice to get feed back from people who live in Highton.

We got such a nice feeling when we visited Highton a few years ago.

Did you find a rental property easily? Is it very expensive?

Cheers

Jackie

We found a rental pretty easily, its fairly busy in the rental market but if you have a decent bond and one of you has work I don't think you'd have a problem. We're in a brand new 2 bedroom unit with a decent back yard and its $350 per week. renting here isn't cheap but you can get a decent place for 350-400. You certainly wouldn't need to pay much more for a decent 3 bed place.

If you're worried about getting a place we had a relocation agent and she was excellent in navigating us through the minefield of finding a place and putting an application in. We were fortunate in that it was provided by my OHs new job, but you could do it yourself fairly easily. I'd recommend making appointments to view places you like from the UK before you arrive you can't rent before you have viewed a place.

:wub: just going to start the process and have been looking into geelong think it loks great do you know what is the best school in that area is. love the pics would love to see more if you can put them on x.

:yes:

Guest Michele

Thanks for the pics Anne! While we are still waiting for our visa it's great to see the places that we can visit and those wonderful blue skies!

Guest annemarie and brian

Thanks anne, for posting these lovely photos just show us what we

are missing cannot wait to get out there.

thanks again the are beautiful

annemarie

Guest Trina Findlay

Yes, Geelong's a good place to start - and it's on the doorstep of the Great Ocean Road, one of the prettiest places I've been in this beautiful country!! Anyone coming here really should take a trip down there. My favourite place is Apollo Bay, although even closer is Barwon Heads, which has its own resident Dolphin, Archie, at the moment, and Ocean Grove, which are only about 15 minutes' drive from Geelong... am I selling it?:laugh:

Archived