De facto worries

Sarahelle

Hey all. I've found this forum very helpful so far and have just joined so hello to you all!

My issue is this - My boyfriend is Australian and we moved to Brisbane a few months ago. I am presently gathering information to apply for my De facto visa but I am fretting! We've been together for over 2 years and consistently living together for 14 months both here and in the UK. My problem is that I'm having trouble piecing together the evidence we need for proof because we moved here earlier than we expected to for employment reasons and so just didn't keep everything and may not have documentation for every single month of the 12 month period DIAC require. We've been here since September and so have everything from then onwards and some from home from a few months before. We have things like cards, photos emails and joint holiday reservations. What if we aren't able to obtain anything for the missing previous months? I would be really grateful for any advice anyone can give.

Many thanks,

Sarahelle

:unsure:

Guest siamsusie

Hi Sarahelle,

Welcome to PIO.

As a general rule of thumb evidence is required for the 12 month period as you rightly point out.

It is amazing what you can forget though... i.e. Joints Wills to each other, Memberships of organisations/ clubs etc.

By all accounts am I right in saying you only can lay your hands on 6 months worth of evidence?

If you are DIY'ing your application personally I would be loath to place my application, an expensive costly mistake imo. on this basis.

If you still insist on applying and are satisfied that you meet the criteria I would be engaging the help of a Registered Mara Agent...he/she would be able to put you on the right path.

Best wishes

Susie x

Hiya,

We have about 9 months of evidence and I should be able to get some more from the UK. I'm just wondering that if we have a couple of months where we can't get hold of anything, does that have a major impact on the appllication. Thanks for the advice, I'm going to see if I've missed anything.

I'm considering getting an agent as I think it would be worth it. Would hate to do it myself and have it rejected on something I had missed.

Many thanks,

Sarah

Guest siamsusie
Hiya,

We have about 9 months of evidence and I should be able to get some more from the UK. I'm just wondering that if we have a couple of months where we can't get hold of anything, does that have a major impact on the appllication. Thanks for the advice, I'm going to see if I've missed anything.

I'm considering getting an agent as I think it would be worth it. Would hate to do it myself and have it rejected on something I had missed.

Many thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Personally I wouldnt risk being short off the required 12 months.. Judging by some past posts, a few applications have been rejected due to this very issue.

I would shop around for a reasonable registered Agent, there are some well recommended ones here on PIO.. at least that way you will get a professional opinion.

I sincerely wish you a happy outcome Sarah:wubclub: Susie x

Archived