Bikers in vic

Ratchet

My hornet has just failed the road worthy and I'm wondering if I can import the parts from the uk. Mainly as it's a fraction of the cost.

I need front left and right brake discs and rear wheel barings:mad: I've been quoted over $800 for the lot. :huh:

I was told today that imported parts might not fit and might not meet the aus standard. Is this right?

Guest chris955

That is absolute rubbish and I'm afraid dealers will tell you this sort of garbage. They do realise that every part is imported for these bikes don't they ? The discs fitted to Australian Yamahas and UK Yamahas are the same. I tend to get parts from overseas if I can purely because they are often so much cheaper.

I was told today that imported parts might not fit and might not meet the aus standard. Is this right?

I get everything thats non urgent from the states as well.

Stealers will tell you anything to stop you buying overseas at the moment.

If you can wait a couple of weeks to get the parts, go abroad.

I recently bought a new drive belt for $199.00 US and here they cost $365.00 for the old model. :wacko:

Guest chris955

Get the wheel bearings from any bearing shop, I would be very surprised it they were made especially for the bike. Check out Ebay for the brake discs, don't be afraid of getting discs from China, that is most likely where the OEM brakes are made.

Thanks all. I though so. You kinda know when someones trying to BSht you. I suppose me being female , he thought he could get away with it. I may not be a mechanic, but not stupid.

For reference as well I thought his customer service was shocking ****e. He put me on hold three times when he phoned me to tell what failed and then face to face today, he rolled his eyes and huffed and puffed when I was asking for quotes for parts and there was some guy behind me waiting. I live in Cranbourne near Camms rd ;-)

Archived