Check out the bank rates today

Guest chris&dave

Guest chris&dave

Anyone needing to change £ to $A need to keep a close eye on the $ at the moment. At the moment it is $A2.39 (it was $A2.32 earlier this week). The crash in the markets is affecting the $ and anyone wanting to change money up sooooon, should keep an eye on the markets.

Chris&Dave

Guest thistles and gum trees

We know completely nothing about changing but have got our account with westpac sorted and are registered with HIFX. Gutted that we didn't do it at 2.54!!!! Have spent the last 4 hours this morning checking on rates and trying to find a forecast. Any ideas whether it looks to go up past 2.4 again - or should we just jump in and change all now today at this rate?? Any help or advice wonderful.

Guest chris&dave

I was lucky, I did transfer some money at $A2.54. Very difficult to get a view as to whether it will go up further or back down. My advice would be to ring HIFX and discuss with them. They are very good and have been pretty accurate when I have dealt with them. And, they are the experts, not us. Watching their screens this morning, it has hit $A2.4 this morning and you can ask them to deal with it gets to a figure you are "happy" (not sure that is the right word at the moment) with. Good luck, let us know what you do.

Chris&Dave

Guest chris&dave

Hi thistles and gums, did you decide to change you money up yet or are you still waiting. Up to $2.38 ish at the moment.

Guest asylon

We spoke to them a few days ago about fixing our rate, they didn't think it would get back up to 2.5.

The pound is forecast to get stronger this week if and when the bank of england put the rate up again.

It's quite exciting

Ax

Guest chris&dave

If you fix it, presumably you can do that for up to 24 months, do they offer you the current rate, or much lower? At some stage we will have to fix our pension from the UK, but hanging on in there hoping for a better rate.

Guest asylon

You pick whatever rate you want and the second that rate is reached they change your money. Or not. We were going to fix it at 2.41 but I think we may go a little higher now, but we still have weeks before we arrive in Oz and our house sale money is already sitting in the bank earning interest.

Archived