Moving to Mandurah WA Shortly

Guest Hetty

Hi to you

I'm Ali, my partner is Chris and my son is Gregory (12 in April) and we're on the move to Mandurah in WA in the next few months (hopefully sooner rather than later). Still some things to sort here but once sorted we should be out in the sun in April this year leaving the wet, grey and cold behind us. Can't wait!

We plan to move to either the Halls Head area or South Yunderup but we'll wait to make up our minds on that after we've arrived. My son will be going to the new school in South Yunderup, Austin Cove Baptist College so if anyone knows anything about that or about that area then it would be great to hear from you.

I'm just keen to get chatting to people who are in the vicinity and get to know new friends and to hear your news and views.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Ali :laugh:

• 7 months later...
Guest vanessa essex
Hi to you

I'm Ali, my partner is Chris and my son is Gregory (12 in April) and we're on the move to Mandurah in WA in the next few months (hopefully sooner rather than later). Still some things to sort here but once sorted we should be out in the sun in April this year leaving the wet, grey and cold behind us. Can't wait!

We plan to move to either the Halls Head area or South Yunderup but we'll wait to make up our minds on that after we've arrived. My son will be going to the new school in South Yunderup, Austin Cove Baptist College so if anyone knows anything about that or about that area then it would be great to hear from you.

I'm just keen to get chatting to people who are in the vicinity and get to know new friends and to hear your news and views.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Ali :laugh:

Hi Ali, Vanessa here, just wondering how you are getting on in WA. I have a place in Austin Cove Baptist College for my two boys (5 & &) starting in Feb 2012.

We're in the process of selling our home in the UK hopefully will make it to WA before school starts! How are you finding the area? Can you suggest the best area to start renting in, is it all as lovely as it looks? Really nervous about the move don't suppose you know if there is alot of office work in the area...I'd love to get back to work part-time? Sorry about all the questions it would be lovely to hear from someone who has already tested the water so to speak.

love to hear from you,

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa

Hope all is going well with your move and preparations. We are renting in a fully furnished place in Lakeside Holiday Apartments (you'll find it online) because we didn't want to buy any new bits as all of our belongings are being shipped out and will hopefully arrive mid October at the latest. This is only for 6 weeks. You can get to the school easily from here either walking (20 mins) or by car. Austin Cove seems good so far and my son is happy there. It's a small school but that's what I preferred. The area out here ie South Yunderup is lovely with lots of great rentals on the canals. It is a bit remote though with only a shop, cafe and pub in the local area. If you want better facilities you need to go to Pinjarra (6 km away) or Mandurah (12 km away). We are happy here right now but are in the process of buying in Halls Head. There is a decent school bus service from central Mandurah and loads of kids come in from town each day.

Hope that's helpful.

Hear from you soon.

Ali

Hi Ali, Vanessa here, just wondering how you are getting on in WA. I have a place in Austin Cove Baptist College for my two boys (5 & &) starting in Feb 2012.

We're in the process of selling our home in the UK hopefully will make it to WA before school starts! How are you finding the area? Can you suggest the best area to start renting in, is it all as lovely as it looks? Really nervous about the move don't suppose you know if there is alot of office work in the area...I'd love to get back to work part-time? Sorry about all the questions it would be lovely to hear from someone who has already tested the water so to speak.

love to hear from you,

Vanessa

Forgot to say Vanessa, are you on Skype as we can mail through that or are do you have an email address? I can give you the low down on work etc. Be aware that WA is VERY expensive so make sure you bring lots of spare cash with you as you'll need it!

Ali

• 1 year later...

Hi Hetty, sorry to jump in on your post. We are a family of five just waiting for our visas before taking the leap to Mandurah, if you could offer some advice about schools, rentals etc it would be gratefully recieved :] We are the proud owners of a 13 yr old 10yr old and 7 mth old

Thanks Kerry

Archived