Anaconda - Worth knowing!

furkew

Not sure who knows this, but Anaconda have a price check policy similar to Bunnings, and if you find the same product elsewhere in stock for a cheaper price they will beat it by 10%.

I have been looking for a tent, and the one I finally decided on was being offered between $1399 (RRP) and as low as $849 on an Ebay traders site.

I went to BCF first of all because they are also a dealer for Oztrail, but didnt have one in stock, and didnt even know a price. I then went down the road to Anaconda. They had one in stock for $1299. When I told the guy I had seen it cheaper, he told me about the policy.

I then grabbed my Iphone, looked up on the internet stores offering the same tent. I found one in NSW offering the tent for $899. The salesguy then rang the store, checked the price & if it was in stock, then nodded that it was a deal. I walked out with the tent for just under $810 :biggrin:

Worth thinking about if you are looking for more expensive items.

Guest sh7t man no way

a top tip for buying a new registered car in oz--is to buy in january (they register cars over there at the begining of the year--so now there will be quite a few 2010 models they want to shift to make way for the 2011 models--i bought a toyato yaris in 2008 (january) for $18000 its original forcourt price wuz $23000--i just bartered with them,and got heaps of extras--it wasnt the colour i wanted but hey ho--it saved me $5000--and that my friends is well over 100 cartons of grog:jiggy:

Guest sh7t man no way

if you look out for the specials, it could be as many as 150!! :wink:
there heaps off bargains in oz mate--does any other members know of any--good thread mate:wubclub:--150 cartons mate now theres a barbie

a top tip for buying a new registered car in oz--is to buy in january (they register cars over there at the begining of the year--so now there will be quite a few 2010 models they want to shift to make way for the 2011 models--i bought a toyato yaris in 2008 (january) for $18000 its original forcourt price wuz $23000--i just bartered with them,and got heaps of extras--it wasnt the colour i wanted but hey ho--it saved me $5000--and that my friends is well over 100 cartons of grog:jiggy:

We bought our new car in Dec 05. It is listed as a 2006 model although it is a MY05 which I expect any cars bought in January and February probably would be too. Unlike the UK where vehicle dates are based on first registration here they are based on manufacturer year so you may be even able to haggle harder as it comes towards easter when buyers would be expecting their car to be manufactured in the same year

Archived