Looking for Scots

Hi.

Going thru the process of moving from Scotland to Oz.

Is there any one on this site from Edinburgh area who is going thru the same thing?

Just wondering because it's hard to talk about future plans to the people who we're leaving behind.

Hi to everyone that's already moved.

Steve.

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome to the forum :D

Some of us are already in oz but we have all been through the same thing. The ups the downs, the waiting, the family etc.

It would be good if you can find somebody local who you can meet and sit face to face and talk to but just wanted you to know that we are here and if we can help you with anything - just let us know

they are a really friendly bunch on here

Good luck with your plans

Guest choobs
Hi.

Is there any one on this site from Edinburgh area who is going thru the same thing?

Just wondering because it's hard to talk about future plans to the people who we're leaving behind.

Steve.

Does 8 miles outside Edinburgh count? :)

We're just outside Dalkeith - feel free to ask away :)

Choobs

Guest choobs
Hi.

Steve.

Does 8 miles outside Edinburgh count? :)

We're just outside Dalkeith - feel free to ask away :)

Choobs

ps - if you want to email directly, jmd at nelefa.org works.

Thanks for replies.

Loz - How long have you been out there? Where about in Melbourne. We're hoping to move to Mel but don't know where would be good for young kids.

Choobs - When are you set to move and where are you heading?

Steve.

Guest choobs

We are waiting for the medical requests at the moment - our visa has been lodged since end of November. We are hoping to move to rural New South Wales in hopefully June/July all going well.

Choobs.

Guest photogirl

Hi There,not in edinburgh but glasgow, just at the skilled assesment stage and using OE in edinburgh. It is a lot of work trying to get people from 20 years ago but it'll be worth it.

Good Luck

Guest choobs
Hi There,not in edinburgh but glasgow, just at the skilled assesment stage and using OE in edinburgh. It is a lot of work trying to get people from 20 years ago but it'll be worth it.

Good Luck

I feel your pain - the skills assessment was the hardest part for me :-/

On a cheerier note - we use OE in Edinburgh and they're really very very good. Fast and helpful. Even to Weegies ;-)

Choobs

Hi Steve

We have been here only a few months and are on the East side about 30 minutes from the city. People seem to favour the east coast.

I have found that Melbourne is very family orientated and people seem to spend more time doing things with their kids than you would in the UK. There is certainly more to do and with the weather - makes it more possible to plan things. i would say its a great place to bring your kids up.

There is a book you can get called MELWAY - it gives you all the suburbs, roads, train lines, even the bus numbers. You can see where the schools are, shopping centres etc so maybe worth getting ( you can order it online)

The beaches are quite small but plenty of them.The best ones tend to be further down SE - mornington area or SW - Torquay area but the other ones are nice too.

I also find that the weather is more favourable- you get a break from the constant heat that you would get elsewhere.

I have visited a few places around Oz and if I had young kids, I would say Melbourne is the place I would like them to grow up in.

Hope these little snippets of info help

Just shout if I can help further

Loz

Thanks loz.

Will look out for book you mention.

Waiting for TRA decision at mo. Trying to read as many posts as we can to make sure we're def doing the right thing re. leaving old folks behind.

I never thought it would be such a stress.

Steve.

On a cheerier note - we use OE in Edinburgh and they're really very very good. Fast and helpful. Even to Weegies ;-)

Choobs

Hi Choobs.

We're with OE too. Have you been to any seminars with them yet? We're not sure if we should go to May seminar as we've not even passed TRA stage yet.

Steve and Sha

Guest choobs

Choobs

Hi Choobs.

We're with OE too. Have you been to any seminars with them yet? We're not sure if we should go to May seminar as we've not even passed TRA stage yet.

Steve and Sha

We're booked on the May seminar - it'll break the monotony of waiting :)

Cheers

Choobs

Archived