Can anyone reassure me :(

Guest edwardsfamily

Guest BirtyinBrizy

Hello Dog Lovers!

I moved here 4 years ago and brought over my beloved dog Daisy collie X spaniel who was 3yrs old at the time. I was worried sick at the time but now I know she arrived just fine but very hungry!

We shipped her through a pet shipping company at Heathrow. We spoke to them in advance to find out all the requirements so we could get everything in hand like vaccinations and bloodtests.

It's worth knowing to the correct dimensions for the crate as we had one she used as a bed and wanted to use this but it fell 2cm short of the requirements and so had to purchase another! We also went a few weeks before and collected the shipping crate from them to let her get used to it so she wouldn't be scared.

Sorry Im going on a bit I know but I love dogs!

To try and make it easier for our pampered pet (and ourselves proberbly!) We brought some of the vet bed which absorbs the wee, as they are stuck in those crates for over 30 hrs. We put a t-shirt with our scent on in the crate to. We also wrote her name all over the outside of the crate in the hope that whenever her crate was moved the handlers would talk to her and see her name (possibly wishful thinking!)

You can't believe how many dogs will be on that flight, that was so reassuring for us knowing she would be in the hold with other dogs.

Okay last bit I promise! Quarantine Sydney don't arrange exercise for your dog and if like us you are unable to visit daily you will need to pay someone to do it for you. The quarantine have a list of people who will provide this service. We did the maximum and I think the first week they are not allowed out, and then they can have 3 or 4 "walks" in the exercise yard a week.

Keep in mind its only 30 days and the workers are all doggy people, and let us send toys and kept us up to date with how she was doing.

It was a stressful time (not to mention expensive) knowing it was a huge adventure for our dog but the vet won't let them fly if they are not up to it, and boy was it worth it having her here with us.

Goodluck to you and your doggies xx

Guest The Pom Queen
Hello Dog Lovers!

I moved here 4 years ago and brought over my beloved dog Daisy collie X spaniel who was 3yrs old at the time. I was worried sick at the time but now I know she arrived just fine but very hungry!

We shipped her through a pet shipping company at Heathrow. We spoke to them in advance to find out all the requirements so we could get everything in hand like vaccinations and bloodtests.

It's worth knowing to the correct dimensions for the crate as we had one she used as a bed and wanted to use this but it fell 2cm short of the requirements and so had to purchase another! We also went a few weeks before and collected the shipping crate from them to let her get used to it so she wouldn't be scared.

Sorry Im going on a bit I know but I love dogs!

To try and make it easier for our pampered pet (and ourselves proberbly!) We brought some of the vet bed which absorbs the wee, as they are stuck in those crates for over 30 hrs. We put a t-shirt with our scent on in the crate to. We also wrote her name all over the outside of the crate in the hope that whenever her crate was moved the handlers would talk to her and see her name (possibly wishful thinking!)

You can't believe how many dogs will be on that flight, that was so reassuring for us knowing she would be in the hold with other dogs.

Okay last bit I promise! Quarantine Sydney don't arrange exercise for your dog and if like us you are unable to visit daily you will need to pay someone to do it for you. The quarantine have a list of people who will provide this service. We did the maximum and I think the first week they are not allowed out, and then they can have 3 or 4 "walks" in the exercise yard a week.

Keep in mind its only 30 days and the workers are all doggy people, and let us send toys and kept us up to date with how she was doing.

It was a stressful time (not to mention expensive) knowing it was a huge adventure for our dog but the vet won't let them fly if they are not up to it, and boy was it worth it having her here with us.

Goodluck to you and your doggies xx

Thank you for sharing, glad Daisy has settled in to her new life:notworthy::animal-bear::animal-bear:

This reminds me of a "joke". If you take 2 cars and put your dog in the boot of one car and your wife in the boot of another, leave them for a week, which one is going to be happy to see you when you open the boot? :P

Point being, your dog will not forget you and will always be so happy to see you again after the stint in quarantine. But is it not with some quarantine stations you can actually go and visit your dogs? If so, you can give him a reminder of who you are now and again! ;)

Archived