Jump to content

A few questions

Guest Steaminphillybeamin

Recommended Posts

Guest Steaminphillybeamin

Hi, I am currentley serving my time as an electrician and my girlfriend is in her 2nd year of a Sports science degree, now we both have our hearts set on Moving to Australia in roughly 2-3 years, when i will be fully qualified and she will have her degree.

A few things,


How much money would we need to come over with?


Obviously with being young we wont have any property to seel for big money so is it possible for us to rent and then maybe get a mortgage or do we need to become Valid Australian citizens?


How would my girlfriends student debt affect us, could she pay it off over there?


And, finally, how likely is it for me to get a job over there as say, a 24 year old spark with 5 years experience including my Apprenticeship?


Any Help would be very much appreciated.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest claireand bob


only you will need to apply for visa with your skills, your girlfriend can be put on your visa.


She could pay off student debt from oz but it would be harder as the $ is worth less than £.

It will cost you around £850 to apply, £350 for skills assessment, and we have just paid £425 for medicals.

it would probably be easier for you to get sponsered by a company.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest glennandkate

Hi Phil, You need 6 years experience to get a positive TRA assesment and I think it may be 7 years for an Electrician. It may be worth giving the TRA a call to clarify the years of experience you need.


Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...