Rental property wanted

Guest Welly

Guest Welly

Hi all

I'm hopefully moving to Sydney in Dec/Jan for a new job, i will be arriving with my wife and 3 year old daughter and we will be looking for suitable rental property (3 bedroom house or apartment) My new job will be in the North Sydney area and i'm happy to commute for upto 45 minutes each way.

Does anyone please have any suggestions or property that they will be willing to rent towards the end of the year please?

Many Thanks

Gareth

Guest Abi&Dan

You may struggle to find a long term let before you get there cos they like a lot of paperwork (and also you run the big risk of ending up somewhere not so nice - cos you can't rely on the pictures and descriptions at all)

but you can take a look on Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au to get an idea

good luck x

Hi all

I'm hopefully moving to Sydney in Dec/Jan for a new job, i will be arriving with my wife and 3 year old daughter and we will be looking for suitable rental property (3 bedroom house or apartment) My new job will be in the North Sydney area and i'm happy to commute for upto 45 minutes each way.

Does anyone please have any suggestions or property that they will be willing to rent towards the end of the year please?

Many Thanks

Gareth

Don't forget to bring references with you as it will carry weight once you try and get into the rental system.

Not too sure what the rental market is like in Sydney? Here in Perth it is pretty hectic at the moment. We checked out rentals last week for our clients and there were at least a dozen or more applicants for each advertised property.......... hence the need for references.

At the end of the day it is the Landlord who usually makes the final decision; but good references do go a long way in persuading the Agent to lean towards the holder of same.

If you haven't rented before as was the case with us when we built here ......... try and get some character references to stand you in good stead. Plus; any paperwork pertaining to you being a regular bill payer.......... bring that over here too.

good luck

Guest Welly

Cheers Bobcat

A good bit of advice there, i've never rented myself though so i'll need to look into some good character references i think. Do you think people i know over there will be suitable (a Major in the Aus Army etc) Also do you think the fact that i have a sponsored Job with a company out there may help?

Thanks

Guest windsor

We have got a rental property when we go in November for 3 weeks but found in on gumtree. Will probably bring up the UK one but then click Australia in the right hand corner. We are going to Melbourne but got a good rate.

Shani

Archived