Anyone moved to Adelaide lately?

Guest sforbes

Guest sforbes

Hi there

Was just wondering if anyone had moved over lately? How are you finding things re finding accommodation and work prospects?

Cheers,

Sharon:biggrin:

Guest guest33730

We moved to Gawler (Nth of Adelaide) in July - it's a great place to live.

Accommodation does seem to go fast, we were lucky in that we found a place through friends of friends. There does seem to be a fair bit of work round still although in recent weeks I've heard of a number of people struggling to find work and/or sell their businesses.

I've also noticed that people go a lot on personal recommendations/connections for getting work so once you have your foot in the door you should be fine.

Daniel

Guest Alexxxxx

I cant say from personal experience but my aunty and her family moved there in July and they are loving it! Very green (or leafy as my aunty says), wild life is amazing, kids are doing really well in school, uncle found a job pretty quickly too (hes a car salesman). The weather hasnt been perfect quite yet but they have had the worse winter ever there so maybe it will be better next year haha. and summer isnt quite over yet.

Guest Guest9973
I cant say from personal experience but my aunty and her family moved there in July and they are loving it! Very green (or leafy as my aunty says), wild life is amazing, kids are doing really well in school, uncle found a job pretty quickly too (hes a car salesman). The weather hasnt been perfect quite yet but they have had the worse winter ever there so maybe it will be better next year haha. and summer isnt quite over yet.

It's all turning brown now! During the summer months the hills and countryside turn lovely shades of amber and gold.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest stephy150

Hi my dad has lived in Adelaide since 1974 and would never move back to the uk. Xmas 2009 my cousin and her family moved and they have not looked back either, consequently we are following shortly. I think if you know people to start with, it is a big help to get you started. We can't wait to go just waiting police checks n medicals. Got in on my husbands skills, but i'm the one with a nursing job to go to.

I'd say go for it....and my Dad says there is no shortage of work but shortage of workers.

Good Luck with what you decide to do!!:smile:

Archived