My cats

Guest laura1009

Guest laura1009

I have two cats and we are moving in about 2 -3 years to OZ, we was going to leave them with the father in law but would love more then anything to take them with us but I am worried they would not make the journey and they would panic, can anyone advise please

Thanks

Laura :biggrin:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Laura

Welcome to PIO.

As long as your cats are healthy and not too old then there is no reason at all why they would struggle with the journey. Remember that Australia is only 30 days in quarantine so it's not really that long and whilst they are in quarantine you can be finding a rental etc, so that when they come out they won't be going in to a stressful atmosphere.

It is only natural to worry and we wouldn't be good pet parents if we didn't.

Hugs

Kate

Guest laura1009

I have been up and down about moving away from my family, but we havedecided (me and my husband to give it a go)

I am so worried as it is such a massice decision, if you don't mind me asking did it take you long to get used to the change (i know everyone is different ha ha)

Laura :cute:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Laura

we weren't very close to family back in the UK, so it wasn't hard for us to make the move, we settled straight away, the only time it did affect us was our first Christmas in Oz as we felt really alone, but after Christmas we were fine again. We are now in our 7th year (I think I keep loosing count we came in 2004) and have never been back to the UK not even for a holiday.

Australia isn't for everyone, some come and just can't settle, but I bet they will never regret that they didn't try it.

Have you been to Australia before? I hadn't, and Rob had only been for a few weeks many years previous.

Kate

Guest laura1009

We stayed in perth with friends for a few weeks and my husbad fell in love with it straight away, it is just such a big thing, probably why I am a bit nervous.

We will probably be the same love it when we get there and not come back, it's just making that big step ! :cute:

Archived