RRV's

Guest kazzy01

Guest kazzy01

Hi

I've just returned from a trip to Oz which I loved. Unfortunately I am too old to qualify for a working holiday visa, but due to my profession have enough points to apply for permanent residency.

I was all up for this until I read about RRV's which it states will only be granted after you have been in Oz for 2 years. At this stage, I want the opportunity to go out to Oz and travel some more and if I need to work to earn my way, then having the residency will allow me to do that.

I am not 100% sure I want to live in Oz permanently, but just want to see how I get on out there. Is it true that you can only get the RRV after being there for 2 years ? What do people do who move out there and want to go on holiday in NZ for example? Does this mean they can't go out of Australia for 2 years once there?

If anyone can clarify this it would be really useful!

Guest cappy

That's a good question. I've got a meeting my our agency a week on Friday (29th) and will ask him and post what he says.

cappy

Hi There,

after just recieving my PR letter the other week there. It does say that to get citezenship you must spend two years out of the first five to be eligible as the PR visa has a 5 year vailidity. You must also spend the year before you apply for citeaen ship there. Hope this makes sense. I'm in a rush cos my lunch breaks just finished!

Yeah I am lead to believe the same as Tim, we have got or visa agreed and plan to arrive in Auz Jan 06 and must live in Auz for atleast 2 years prior to application for our citizenship.

Archived