another newbie

Guest loz

Have been browsing the site and decided to say hi

Hubby and I moved to the east side of melbourne in december. Kids all grown up and in the UK and no family here so it was a big step but settling ok.

Look forward to joining in with the discussions and hearing about your experiences

Guest cazanwood

Hi, Thought i'd reply as you said you wouldn't bite.

What's it like there? Hubby, me and 2 boys want to emmigrate, haven't started process yet but looking into it. Any advice appreciated.

Is it worth all the hassle?

Would love to hear from you.

Carrie-Ann

Guest Anita

Hi there,

My husband, 3 year old daughter & I have just posted our Visa application and we hope to be in Melbourne for Feb 2007...if not sooner...what's it like where you are? We are heading for Rowville as we have family there and my husband has just returned from a 2 week holiday there and really like it.

Guest Anita

Hi there,

My husband, 3 year old daughter & I have just posted our Visa application and we hope to be in Melbourne for Feb 2007...if not sooner...what's it like where you are? We are heading for Rowville as we have family there and my husband has just returned from a 2 week holiday there and really like it.

Hi Anita and Carrie- Ann

Like I said we have only been here since december so my knowledge is still quite limited but learn more every day

My hubby was offered a job here in Melbourne and we had 8 weeks to pack everything up and go. Luckily the house sold within 2 weeks so that was the main issue dealt with. Believe me our feet didnt touch the floor.

We have no family or friends here just me and thee!!. I have gone through (and still am) all kinds of emotions but do I miss the UK ? - NO.

Yes - I would say its worth the hassle. I see you both have kids.The opportunities here for them are much better than the UK. If I had my time over, it would certainly be a place I would want my kids to grow up in. ( Im not that old just had the kids when I was young ha ha)

We live in one of the suburbs on the east side about 30 mins from the city but find it a bit dull here. We had never been to melbourne so stayed in a hotel for a month and looked around. This house was the best we saw and took it - not knowing there is not a lot going on around here. So basically you live and learn. We plan to move when the tenancy runs out - so at the minute doing our research.

If I can help with anything please let me know. If i dont know I will try to find out for you. Like I said we are still newbies here.

Guest scoop

Hi Loz

Good to read your post. Haven't been on this site for a while as I had a delay in my application. Decided to migrate when I was young free and single (well widowed)! Now I have a child and feel very insecure about being able to get myself set up with house, childcare and a job without becoming a headcase!!

After reading your post I was again spurred on with renewed enthusiasm of being able to provide a good future for my little boy.

Thanks and keep them coming.

Sharon

x

Hi Sharon

Good to read your post. All I have to say is - you go for it girl!!!

Life is too short. Was looking at your signature and when you have doubts - just read that. your answer is there !!!!!!!

Good luck

Archived