moving back to the uk with my aussie hubby

Guest crazypom

Guest crazypom

hey can anyone help me im a uk cit and married on aussie so in australia on a spouse visa but want to go home (back to the uk ) how does my hubby get a spouse visa for the uk ?

Guest siamsusie
hey can anyone help me im a uk cit and married on aussie so in australia on a spouse visa but want to go home (back to the uk ) how does my hubby get a spouse visa for the uk ?

There is a site on here for Australians awaiting spouse Visas, I will see if I can find it for you.

Cameron did announce yesterday they were cutting back on outside of the EU marriage visas, I do hope you wont be affected.:wubclub:

Susie x

Guest crazypom

thanks im just alittle confused on everything im reading i need a jod and some where to live in the uk but how do i get these when im still in oz :(

Guest Rollergirl86
thanks im just alittle confused on everything im reading i need a jod and some where to live in the uk but how do i get these when im still in oz :(

The three main things they will look at is how much funds you have, where you will be living and what you will be doing for work.

For them to grant your Husband a visa they need to see that you can support him financially (or you might have a joint bank account with savings) without trying to get access to public funds.

It's hard to organise while you're in Australia but it will greatly increase the chances of your hubby getting his visa if you try to have work lined up and a house to stay in (it can be a family members home but you have to have your own room for your husband and you).

You can apply for a visa without these things but I'd say they'll refuse it.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I don't understand what is going on here, the lady is British married to an Aussie, surely thats enough isn't it?

I have just read about a 60 year old woman who went to Africa on holiday and had a 2 week fling and married a 20 year old guy, who was only interested in getting the visa and left her as soon as they got here.

I can't follow why this is ok, when it was obvious that he would do this and this lady above is a bonafidi applicant in a proper marriage, i take it married for more than a couple of months, it sounds madness to me.

Guest Rollergirl86
I don't understand what is going on here, the lady is British married to an Aussie, surely thats enough isn't it?

I have just read about a 60 year old woman who went to Africa on holiday and had a 2 week fling and married a 20 year old guy, who was only interested in getting the visa and left her as soon as they got here.

I can't follow why this is ok, when it was obvious that he would do this and this lady above is a bonafidi applicant in a proper marriage, i take it married for more than a couple of months, it sounds madness to me.

Preaching to the choir ;)

I'm sure her Husband will be fine getting a visa but he still has to go through the same process as everyone else.

As for that story you read - a spouse visa is only valid for 27 months - if he left her straight away then the relationship would be disolved and his visa isn't valid. So technically he's an illegal immigrant now, he wasted his time getting married.

Archived