Hello

cjw488

I am new to this site but have found it really helpful already.

My husband submitted his TRA with a day to spare before the 1st July changes. Haven't heard if it has passed yet. We are trying the independent skilled visa 136. My oh is a carpenter/joiner and I work for the NHS -secretarial/audiotypist etc. We have two kids 12 and 14 and are hoping to go to Perth (have relatives there) or Brisbane. We have been to Australia twice once 17 years ago for the usual working visa and with the kids four years ago for 4 weeks. We have talked about taking the big step for years and have decided to go for it now. Bit nervous about the jobs and if the wages will be okay - at moment oh is self employed here and busy but Australia is where we want to be. Any opinions on where might be better for our circumstances - teenagers, jobs and house prices.

Thanks.

Caroline

Guest alfixie

Hi Caroline,

Welcome to PIO sorry cannot help with your questions really, we are heading to Perth hopefully at the end of the year. My OH is a chippie and has been told by a couple of friends out there that there is plenty of work for him. I think wages will depend on what he will do when he gets there but I think you can earn what you earn here. We have never even been to Australia so you will know more than me.

Good luck with the visa.

Marina

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Caroline and family, sorry can't help with your questions, but just wanted to say

23_144_4.gif23_144_8.gif36_2_53.gif and welcome to PIO.

KP Nuts

Guest Working to fish

HI

Caroline and family sorry i cant also help with any questions at the mo, but welcome to PIO. Im sure all the members on here can help you out with any questions you may have.:spinny::spinny:

Hi

Thanks. Where are you hoping to move to? How does your 12 year old feel about moving. My 14 year old can't wait but the 12 year old is quite nervous he hates flying but is also worried about leaving his friends and not being able to play shinty etc.

Caroline

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Caroline, 23_30_125.gif and 23_28_11.gif on passing your TRA's, that the worst bit done then, still waiting for ours.........

Big drinks tonight 23_28_125.gif

Well done!!!!!!

KP Nuts

Guest tahe49

Congratulations on passing your TRA. Not long passed ours and what a relief! Just got a long wait ahead now.

Not sure if you are aware but there are some immigration changes due on 1st Sept. You might want to get your application of quickly - just in case!

Hi

OE in Edinburgh have suggested we get application to them by 17 August as we lose 5 points on 1st Sept so we will then be at 120 points which is okay but we don't want to risk it in case any changes to MODL . Congrats on getting your TRA passed.

Caroline

Guest wardy

Welcome to PIO and congratulations on TRA.

We too are with OE in Edinburgh so far they have been brilliant, been waiting for a CO now for 6 weeks and the wait is killing me or sending me mad not sure which is worse. :wacko: :wideeyed:

kaye

hi cjw jobs for a carpenter are plentiful just got back from brisbane i myself a carpenter/ joiner see jobs advertised with wages up to $2000 a week stair fixing .property prices are on the up in brisbane but we looked at houses and you can get a nice 4 bed place with pool for $400000-450000 depending in which part of brisbane you to go .hope this helps

Archived