wanna be an electrician!!!

Guest leanneandmark

Guest leanneandmark

Does any one know where you can train to be an electrician in adelaide?

We have been looking (as mark is in structured cabling, and they seem to cover the elec side also in oz) there are various 'crash' courses here for about £1000, when we get to Adelaide he will have to sit a test to prove his qualifications and get a licence. It may be easier to just do the course there but we can't find anything thats not an apprentice (don't think it'll be enough money)

Any ideas?

Guest Laura G

Different states vary with their rulings but generally as Electricians are a licensed trade, even electricians that have a City & Guilds and have more than 20 years experience still have to take the test and apply for a license as some states will not recognise a City & Guilds qualification even though the TRA assessment will recognise it.

Make sure whatever you choose to do that you make sure you meet the TRA requirements if you are going for a skilled Visa.

Guest Fat Boy Fat

Email TAFE at Regency Park. When I did my wiring rules there was a Aussie guy who had come into the trade because he got fed up teaching english. He had done it some years back, but it shows it can be done.

Everybody you speak too will have a different story of how they got their ticket. mine was easy but I've heard of people having telephone interviews and everything being sent back asking for more information.

I just read this back and I finished on a down so I decided to add this bit. Once you get here it will all fall into place And you will be living in the best state, with the best footy team, drinking the best beer and wine wondering what all the fuss was about.

Guest leanneandmark

Thanks guys

FBF,

Do you know if they do 'crash' type courses for beginners at Tafe?

LAURA,

We are going to SA on a state sponsored visa, the TRA is as a general communications tradesperson, wanted to do elec course for a change of career once in oz or to ad to current career prospects. As far as know SA are fairly ok with C&G's but if we can get a course that is quick and reasonably priced in adelaide it would save retesting for a SA licence. Just can't find the course we want.

Archived