Parent's age difference!

Guest leed

Hi all,

Would anyone know if someone's father is older enough to qualify for aged Visa but not the mother. Can they both be sponsored to Australia at the same time.

By the way I got my permenent residency under the skilled migrant visa last week.

Is there a time limit you have to be in the country to be able to sponsor your parents?

Thnks

Lee

Hi all,

Would anyone know if someone's father is older enough to qualify for aged Visa but not the mother. Can they both be sponsored to Australia at the same time.

By the way I got my permenent residency under the skilled migrant visa last week.

Is there a time limit you have to be in the country to be able to sponsor your parents?

Thnks

Lee

Hi Leed

You parents could apply for the Aged Parent visa as long as one of them is over 65. They would need to be the main applicant and the other one would be included in the application as their partner.

With regard to the timing there is a requirement for the sponsor to be a 'settled' permanent resident. This is usually a period of two years but can be less as they take things like a permanent job, house, children in school etc into consideration. There is an interesting article by one of the migration agents here:

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

Archived