Shipping boxes

twinkletoes35

Hi

I was looking for some advice on shipping just a few boxes, child's bike and small electric car, we won't be taking any furniture with us

Can anyone recommend some one who is reliable and cost effective and how long does it take, do you need a landing address when you ship it

best wishes

TT

Guest starkitten06660

Hi, we used Allied Pickfords (Pickfords) and they were great. Arrived in 12 weeks. Good communication. I gave no address in Australia as we didn't have one then - just my email address and my brother's mobile number as he lives here, but they just emailed me in the end. Was more than happy with their service

We've used Seven Seas to send 22 boxes and two bikes. Can't comment on how good they are for delivery as the boxes only left here on Monday. But so far their service has been great - everyone I have spoken to on the phone has been really nice, friendly and helpful. They even rang me back as soon as they realised I was calling an 0800 number from a mobile.

They turned out to be the cheapest option for us: £30 for a large carton and £15 for a small book box. Only extra charges (so far) were £30 pick up fee because we're outside the M25.

We've paid for door to door service and they say that the only other costs we will have to pay are customs and quarantine charges which are out of their control. We'll see....

Archived