Motorcycle Instructor

Samantha1

Full/Part Time Motorcycle Instructor required immediately at VicRoads Accredited Training Provider in Dandenong area.

If you have held a full Vic Motorcycle Licence for over 5 yrs, have relevant TAA Cert IV Training & Assessing Units, can provide a recent Police Check and are passionate about motorbikes, PM me for further details

• 4 months later...
Guest guest51172

Hi there, my partner and I will (hopefully) be arriving by the end of this year (she has state sponsorship and I'll be over as her spouse) and I was wondering if opportunities for instructors, or trainee instructors come up much? I've held a full (UK) bike license for 20+ years and I'd very much like a change of career. I'm currently working as an IT Tutor with long term unemployed/addictions etc so a change of some kind would be good.

Would you have any suggestions?

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan, this type if job doesn't come up too often or they're usually casual, which means you get called in whenever they need you (more so in the summer) and you get no holiday, sick pay, etc and you have to pay your own tax, etc. Motorbike schools would be busier in Victoria, so we've been told. You need to have TAE Certificate 4 in Training & Assessing to become an instructor (this qualification also covers teaching in TAFES aka colleges, university and training organisations) this is a really handy qualification to gain here and gives you a lot more career paths. It's only a 12 week course (one day a week) so I would definately consider it. You're UK licence is recognised here so you would automatically have a full Australian motorbike licence. The best place to look for jobs is www.seek.com.au. Good luck!

Guest guest51172

Much appreciated. Many thanks. It's probably something I would look into once we're settled I should think. Initially though I reckon I'll look for something along similar lines to the work I'm doing at the moment (and maybe satiyself by commuting to work on a motorbike!).

Any ideas as to the likelihood of ICDL training work?

Best regards

Alan

Archived