309 Visa Help !

Guest OZVISA

Dear All,

I sincerely need your help to solve my situation. I explained you herewith in detail.

I am Indian Citizen living in India and I hold Australian PR. I was granted Australian PR in 2007 and I made initial entry to Australia for validating my PR. However, I did not settle in Australia and I stayed in India only. I got married in December 2008 and me and my wife live together in india.

Now, I want to settle in Australia and I want to travel with my wife. Which visa should I apply for my wife? Sub-Class 309 visa? But, I do not live in Australia. Is it necessary that a sponsor must be in Australia for Sub-class 309 visa?

Please guide me.

Thank you in advance.

Hi, I'm not an expert (just a well meaning amateur) but from reading the parter migration booklet (1127.pdf (application/pdf Object) ) it says about sponsors on page 14:

If you are an Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, you are required to be usually resident in Australia.

For someone that has never taken up residence in Australia, I am not sure how you go about convincing immigration that you are normally resident in Australia?

Any one can please help me? How to deal with this situation?

Hi, I'm not an expert (just a well meaning amateur) but from reading the parter migration booklet (1127.pdf (application/pdf Object) ) it says about sponsors on page 14:

For someone that has never taken up residence in Australia, I am not sure how you go about convincing immigration that you are normally resident in Australia?

Archived