Newcastle it is :-D

Ike

Howdo. When we 1st started looking into moving down under, we always fancied Sydney, but after a bit of research the sheer cost of living there was to much. So we have decided to head to Newcastle.

Fingers crossed it also has good job prospects with me being a welder, there seems to be a good amount of opportunitys about.

We now know clearly what we are doing and cannot wait.

We fly out in March to Sydney and will be spending a week there dossing before heading to Newcastle.

We have a 3 week rental sorted for when we arrive in Newcastle, fingers crossed thus will give us time to find a long term lease.

With our bank account all sorted aswell there is nothing really more to do now exept save up and look forward to it!

Howdo. When we 1st started looking into moving down under, we always fancied Sydney, but after a bit of research the sheer cost of living there was to much. So we have decided to head to Newcastle.

Fingers crossed it also has good job prospects with me being a welder, there seems to be a good amount of opportunitys about.

We now know clearly what we are doing and cannot wait.

We fly out in March to Sydney and will be spending a week there dossing before heading to Newcastle.

We have a 3 week rental sorted for when we arrive in Newcastle, fingers crossed thus will give us time to find a long term lease.

With our bank account all sorted aswell there is nothing really more to do now exept save up and look forward to it!

Hi i am also moving out to Newcastle, in January. It's a nice coastal city with plenty of beaches a bit more laid back than Sydney. Have you been there before? There were some serious floods there about 3 years a go. But hopefully that won't be happening again anytime soon! Good luck settling in.

I live In Newie. Arrived here two years ago. Its very much a country town. I have grown to like it. It was a bit of a shock after London!

We have stunning beaches. Reasonable shopping. A VERY expensive pommie shop. The night life is a bit crap due to the curfew so we tend to go to Sydney instead. Its a great place for kids my 4 have settled really well and the 3 in school love it. Research which suburbs you want to live in is the best advice I can give you. As a welder you shouldn't have too much of an issue finding work.

Make sure you get a knights jersey and you'll get on great , bin any saints ones before you leave !
:huh: *gasp*

Ill certainly be watching the knights, cant say ill be leaving the red vee behind though lol

Hi i am also moving out to Newcastle, in January. It's a nice coastal city with plenty of beaches a bit more laid back than Sydney. Have you been there before? There were some serious floods there about 3 years a go. But hopefully that won't be happening again anytime soon! Good luck settling in.

Yes, we have been there before, albeit only for one day from Sydney to watch England vs New Zealand in the Rugby League World cup on 08.

We loved it, a little less hectic than Sydney, and a lot cheaper to! :biggrin:

I live In Newie. Arrived here two years ago. Its very much a country town. I have grown to like it. It was a bit of a shock after London!

We have stunning beaches. Reasonable shopping. A VERY expensive pommie shop. The night life is a bit crap due to the curfew so we tend to go to Sydney instead. Its a great place for kids my 4 have settled really well and the 3 in school love it. Research which suburbs you want to live in is the best advice I can give you. As a welder you shouldn't have too much of an issue finding work.

Well our main problem is where to actually live as we dont know the suburbs to well. Is the any places that you would recommend not to live? Also fingers crossed about work to. Ive been doing job searches for a good while now and there seems to be a good consistancy in welding jobs.

we live in newcastle its nice and great beaches been here a year now lived in qld on the gold coast loved it there but moved back here as we have family in newcastle sure you guys will love it in newi :)

I hope so, like I said it seems a really nice. It seems to have more of a town feel rather that a city feel which is ideal for us with us coming from a relativly large town.

Archived