SA Interim Sponsorship

rainyc

When SA opened their doors for Interim sponsorships, my profession Civil Engineer was included. I applied online last 9/29 (on the day they opened their system) and the complete documents was received last 10/10 and SA acknowledged this on their client tracking system.

Now last October 21, SA, announces that the planning levels for Civil Engineer is already full for the year 2010/2011. I am a bit confused.

1. Does this mean that my application is automatically denied? or SA will not receive any applications for SS under Civil Engineer after 10/21?

I would be gratetful for any enlightenment.

Guest jigarercivil

Hi dear , I am also suffering from this situation...I also applied on 29/09...but now we cant do anything...already they have announced...might be new quota in 2011-2012 they will send us mail and will inform that still u want ss at SA or not .....But I am not sured...But one thing is clear they will not proceed our file for SS in this quota..so best thing is to wait for VIC,WA,QLD

When SA opened their doors for Interim sponsorships, my profession Civil Engineer was included. I applied online last 9/29 (on the day they opened their system) and the complete documents was received last 10/10 and SA acknowledged this on their client tracking system.

Now last October 21, SA, announces that the planning levels for Civil Engineer is already full for the year 2010/2011. I am a bit confused.

1. Does this mean that my application is automatically denied? or SA will not receive any applications for SS under Civil Engineer after 10/21?

I would be gratetful for any enlightenment.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jigarecivil

Have you seen the British Expats thread about this, and in particular, what George Lombard has said on that thread?

George has said:

I don't see the problem. South Australia opened up certain Schedule 3 occupations for state sponsorship, received a great wad of applications and reached their planning levels for those occupations in the current program year. Instead of stringing people along they've closed applications for those occupations. It may affect people who had pre-July ACS skills assessments but my guess is that they've taken into account those who they had previously sponsored in determining their planning levels.

FWIW this is going to be how all the states have to manage their quotas, right down to the last nurse, engineer, architect or whatever.

Cheers,

George Lombard__________________

Migration Agent Registration Number 9601056

george[at]austimmigration[dot]com[dot]au

Welcome to Austimmigration | George Lombard Consultancy Pty. Ltd.

PO Box 257 Summer Hill NSW 2130

I reckon that the last sentence of his statement is the clincher. I reckon that what George predicts is exactly what will happen. Logic says that it will affect the people whose occupations are in the new Cat 4 much more than it will affect anyone else.

I strongly suspect that the SMPs are only the beginning of the solution to the problem of having accepted more GSM visa applications than the GSM visa pipeline can cope with. I suspect that the second part of the solution will be the resurrection of the Cap & Kill Bill 2010.

Whilst we are all sitting around waiting for the SMPs, I'm also keeping a close eye on what is happening about reintroducing the Cap & Kill idea. So far, nothing has happened about it but I suspect that it is only a matter of time before something does happen.

I'm worried because I don't think that any of this is fair to people who have paid their money to DIAC in good faith and DIAC have accepted the money.

Cheers

Gill

Hi, Sorry for being ignorant but what is the Cap & Kill bill?

This is an example of the cap & kill bill:

kill all applications occuptions that are cook and Hairdressors

cap all applications occuptions that are accountants when they reach 4000 applications

Archived