Pension and NI contributions

The Butlers

Just a bit of advice as to what I need to do before we go for my pension ?

I know once it goes to oz it stays there so will wait until we have been there for a while before transfering but just need to know do i carry on the payments do i need to get certain paperwork from them before we go so that when i do want to transfer the money i have what i need to do it.

Why can't i have the money now !!!! or is there a way i can take the money now if anyone knows let me know as the lady on the phone says you can't have the money until you are 60 you can only transfer it to Oz.

What about all the national insurance payments we have made over the years do we get any of that or as like our tax doesit just go towards all the so and sos that don't work and get everything !!!!!!!

Hope someone in the know can help me with this as feel really fed up with how you are treated in this country and the fact i have paid this money for a pension that i can not have it's my money surely it's up to me if i want to have the money now !!!!!!!

Sorry for the moan just having one of those days.

Emma and Gang

Guest Guest31881

Your NI contributions count towatds your UK pension that you are entitled to, If you have paid 30 yrs contributions you get a full UK pension, 15yrs half pension and so forth depending on how many years you have paid into the NI system. Once you claim the UK old age pension what ever you are given stays at that amout while you live in Australia, it does not rise with inflation.

Your NI contributions count towatds your UK pension that you are entitled to, If you have paid 30 yrs contributions you get a full UK pension, 15yrs half pension and so forth depending on how many years you have paid into the NI system. Once you claim the UK old age pension what ever you are given stays at that amout while you live in Australia, it does not rise with inflation.

So if you are in oz then what ?

Guest Guest31881
So if you are in oz then what ?

You claim your Uk pension at the same age as you would if you lived in the UK. You paid into the scheme , you are entitled to the pension.

Guest Guest31881

I have lived in Australia for 18 months, when I reach UK retierment age, I will claim my UK pension. I have paid into the scheme for 33 yrs and I am entitled to a full pension. If you wish, you can still pay NI when you get top Australia to increase your pension.

Guest Guest31881

I do not think so, you would have been entitled to a pension if you still lived in Uk so you entitled to the same in Australia.

Archived