Parent visas

bennyboy

Hi to all,

I am now in a real dilema-just goes to show how one day can put a spanner in the works!

My mum is very upset that we are planning to move to Oz. My dad says go for it, life is too short. Both my brothers's did but my mum is using emotional blackmail and it's upsetting me. She wants me to look into parent visas so they can come too.

My mum was a resident for almost 12 years but never got citizenship because my dad at the time didnt want to give up there english passports.

My mum eventually moved back to uk in 1981 and we all settled.

To cut a long story short, im not sure how it stands with my parents getting a visa now, they have no savings and only a small pension. With my 2 brothers now living in oz again (now citizens) and me going to, how they would qualify? They are both on medication for high blood pressure.

I can see this getting really messy. I want to follow my dream that i have wanted for so long. My o/h is almost ready to send spouse visa application, but my mum (god bless her) is starting to make things difficult. I know it's hard but i have my own family now and want this so badly.

Naturally, i love my parents to bits, but i cannot live in there pockets for ever. They live an hour and a half away so i don't see them a great deal but chat lots on the phone.

Now she wont visit us because it upsets her.

Can anyone plese advise on parent visas? I feel like my drem is slipping away now because emotional blackmail is so strong. Has anyone else gone through, or is going through this at the moment?:cry::arghh:

Hi to all again,

I forgot to mention that my parents are retired now, my dad is 71 and mum 65 next birthday.

They do not own a property now they are renting, so not sure if that would go against them?

I wonder how long they would have to wait to go to oz or if they are too old?

Any comments greatly appreciated, thanks.:hug:

I feel for you in this situation. Emotional blackmail is not nice. What a shame your mum and dad did not get permanent residency, they did not have to give up their British passports. We are both citizens and we have an Australia passport and a UK one. We are allowed to have dual citizenship.

Guess your Mum and Dad are about my age or maybe a little older or even younger and I take bp meds and I travel overseas and I do not consider myself to be old. Age is in the mind. So even if they could not come and live here there is nothing to stop them coming over for long holidays.

Not up with the parent visa however my mil used to come for four months at a time.

There are a lot of threads on this form about this and there is also a thread where parents are waiting to come over to Aus so have a look around in the migration forum and see if you can find any information to help you.

Sure someone will pop along soon to help

Good luck and go for it, its your life. I would never stop my children they have to live their lives. I have am living mine.

If they were Permanent Residents previously, and given that your brothers and you will all be resident in Australia so they have strong ties to the country, there may be an outside chance of them being able to get a Resident Return Visa - either the 3 month or 5 year version. If so, I think that would allow them to come here and live permanently without problems. It's not a visa that I know much about so I could be completely on the wrong track, but perhaps one of the RMAs on here may be able to give you an indication of your possible chances.

I've posted a reply on your other thread in which I've suggested looking into Resident Return visas (which is the best, cheapest and fastest option if they're eligible), but their ages make them also eligible for subclass 804 Aged Parent visas if they can meet the Balance of Family test. It's an onshore visa so they would be able to stay in Australia for the many, many years it would take for the visa to be granted.

Aged Parent (Residence) Visa (Subclass 804)

Parent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 103)

Guest guest36187

Have merged your two threads together so people (including you and me!) dont get confused with replies.

Do your Mum adn Dad meet the Balance of Family test? Thats the first hurdle. You have 2 brothers in Oz and you coming? Any other kids/stepkids in UK?

I dont know anything about the aged parent visa but do know lots about the emotional blackmail part of it. My mother is not happy at all that me&OH are moving to Oz but her mother(my Nan who is in her late 80's) said to me " your dead right moving over...what is there here for you....its your life and you have to live it and if you didnt try it you would live to regret it " I think my nan has a very healthy attitude that I wish I could bottle and give to all the other fanily members who are not dealing with it so well. And my nan lived with me all my life so I am as close to her as my parents and she is one person who cant come to visit due to health issues.:sad:

Anyway, I think that i would hate to stay here in Ireland and turn around in 20-30years and wonder what would have happened if only we had gone and tried it.

Its very hard dealing with people who dont want you to go but it is your life, you have to live it for you and your family. Your parents did what was right for them &thier children all those years ago and now its your turn.

I think do whats right for your family unit.:biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest36187

BennyBoy, Where are all your brothers and sisters living please?

SOrry re-read your original post. A parent needs the majority of kids in Oz to pass BoF test so your parents are ok.

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/parent-outside.htm

This is a link with all the information on parent visas. Your best bet would be to talk to an agent. Most have a free 10-15 minute consult. There are many that post on here. Go Matilda did my parents visa. They were great x

Good Luck

Guest VickyMel

Hi Bennyboy

Can't help at all except to point out the thread below just in case you have not seen it

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/77756-brand-new-pio-parents-visa-thread.html

All about people getting parents visas.

I'm sure there will be more people on throughout the day who can give you good advice.

Good luck, don't let the emotional blackmail get to you too much.:hug:

VickyMel

Archived