Builders lime

Guest Working to fish

Guest Working to fish

Gday guys

What with this being a great country and all that it is also a very deadly and flea ridden, tick infested place. Queensland has had an unbelievable amount of rain of late and we're being told that ticks are about to reach epidemic proportion this season. Now, i'm a dog owner and i'm quite concerned of this. We buy the best tick stuff at the vets, that they can overcharge us for but i've also been told by a mate of mine that if i get some builders lime and chuck it around the garden it might help with the bloody fleas. Anyone out there tried this? Many thanks in advance.

Guest guest37336
Gday guys

What with this being a great country and all that it is also a very deadly and flea ridden, tick infested place. Queensland has had an unbelievable amount of rain of late and we're being told that ticks are about to reach epidemic proportion this season. Now, i'm a dog owner and i'm quite concerned of this. We buy the best tick stuff at the vets, that they can overcharge us for but i've also been told by a mate of mine that if i get some builders lime and chuck it around the garden it might help with the bloody fleas. Anyone out there tried this? Many thanks in advance.

Hi mate.

Builders lime is proven to kill fleas as it dries them out. I used to use a very mild lime on our backyard in Cairns as we had dogs.

It did 'seem' to keep them (ticks) down a bit, though in a bad year we would often have to still remove the ticks from our dogs. But I think in the main it does help a little.

Hope this helps mate. All you can do is give it a go, anything is worth it if it keeps the horrible little barstewards down a bit.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AussieGold

builders lime will kill fleas outside quite well, especially if you have a lot of sandy areas around, not so much ticks. unfortuneately the only way to avoid ticks is to regulary check your pets and if found remove and kill them manually.

AG

Archived