GCSE's

Guest jonathan

Guest jonathan

We are thinking of applying for Austrailia, the problem is that our daughter sits her GCSE exams this summer. Could anyone tell me if these qualifications will be recognised in Oz, or will she have to go back 1 or 2 years to sit the Oz exams.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Guest glennandkate
We are thinking of applying for Austrailia, the problem is that our daughter sits her GCSE exams this summer. Could anyone tell me if these qualifications will be recognised in Oz, or will she have to go back 1 or 2 years to sit the Oz exams.

I think it will depend on what she wants to do. If she is carrying on with her schooling she can take the Australian version of A Levels at 18 so that way it wont matter about her having uk qualifications as she will also have an Aussie one.

Hope this makes sense!!!

Guest ABCDiamond

OVERSEAS EDUCATION - Equivalent Qualifications

A Statement of Equivalent Qualification can be issued to people who have educational qualifications from overseas that are judged by the Authority to be equivalent to Year 11 or Year 12 level.

QLD - http://www.qsa.qld.edu.au/yrs11_12/assessment/os/

Does that apply to you ? and if so what State are you going to ?

Guest jonathan

Thanks everyone, this is really useful info. ABC diamond, this will eventually apply to us and we will hope to be going to Queensland.

Archived