Should we just go for it....or not??

woody123

Good afternoon all,

We are about to start the whole visa process again with a new agent, after last year losing all our money with an agent that went bust.

We would be going over on the family sponsored 176 visa, would go on the SS 176 but unfortunately QLD don't want bricklayers! I know we could move to another state on a SS but we have family in QLD so it kind of makes sense to go there, and we do love the whole QLD life.

I've been reading and reading so much on this site and others for the last few months and things are not sounding great. The time it is taking to process the visas is a complete joke.

I'm beginning to wonder should we actually bother as we've been told that the family sponsored 176 is right at the back and will take a long time to get. I'm just worried that we will never get it because I've read that only 3500 spaces are being allocated to this visa type??

Does anyone know what happens if you apply, pay your money and never hear anything for years, can this actually happen?

What happens if you don't get one of those 3500 spaces, are you just forgotten about or are you told a big fat NO?

Help!!! So worried, confused, don't know weather to take a chance or give up on our dream if it means taking years and maybe losing more money for nothing.

Your views may help....

Thanks guy

Jules, Woody & the our little man Sam. xxx:unsure:

Guest AustrAnglian

Hi Woody, those in the know on this site are advising against going for family sponsorship for the reasons you've already highlighted. Family sponsorship offers no advantages over State Sponsorship but State Sponsorship might well get you into a faster processing category. The long-awaited State Migration Plans are expected to roll out in a few weeks and you may want to wait for this before deciding which way to go as sponsorship under an SMP will drastically shorten the visa processing times.

If your occupation is not sponsored by QLD under the SMP then you probably still have a few options to consider:

1. If you can get employer sponsorship on an ENS visa then you go to the front of the visa queue.

2. You could still be sponsored by QLD as an off-list nomination but I can't comment on your chances.

3. You could consider getting sponsorship from another State. You make a moral commitment to that State to live there for 2 years and then ultimately you can still get to QLD. All the best.

Archived