Townsville Surburbs

twinkletoes35

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bluekim
Hi all

Been offered a job in Townsville and wanted to get people's opinions on the best areas to consider for property? There are quite a few surburbs so really interested in your input

Many thanks

TT xx

Hi TT,

You are right there are lots of suburbs in TV. We had a good look around before we finally bought out in Kalynda Chase, Bohle Plains.

It has that village feel to it but it is just off the ring road so within 5 minutes you can be at the Willows shopping center or 15 minutes to the hospital.

It has been described as Resort Living. No one enters the estate unless they live here or are visiting. I can let my daughter play in the street without worrying someone will take off with her. I leave my garage door opening knowing that our bikes will be there and not see someone riding off into the sunset with them.

They have school buses which collect the children for most schools, a corner shop and a curry house. Tennis courts will be opening in February if that is your sport and they have a nice running route which in nearing completion.

It really depends what you are looking for in an area. Do you want to be able to walk to things? Do you have a certain school in mind?

Let me know what you want and I will point you in the right direction on the area which would suit your needs.

Hope to hear from you shortly, Kim.:jiggy:

Guest guest32776

It depends on where you are going to be working in many ways. The town is big and sprawling and you would be looking at 40-45 minutes in a car to get from the Promenade to the Uni or hospital. North Ward and Castle Hill are the nicest areas to live. South Townsville isn't too bad but they do drive the stonking great cattle wagons to the live export ship at the port through there (nearly got caught renting here - about to sign when someone told us!!!). Hermit Park is quite pleasant with good access to shops. Do a good reccie though and may be rent a few places (rent is quite good value compared to the buying prices) so you can be really certain on the areas and you are sure there are no niggles like, a massive mossie population, propensity to flood in the wet etc

Archived