Changing careers

Polkey

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE MOVED TO OZ AND HAD A CHANGE OF CAREER?

I WOULD BE INTERSTED IN LEARNING A TRADE,PLASTERING, BRICKIE ANYTHING REALY, BUT HAVE NO IDEAR IF THIS IS POSS AND IF THERE IS A FAST TRACK WAY OF DOING IT.

YOU SEE ALL SORTS OF OPTIONS OVER HERE BUT DO THEY HAVE THEM IN OZ AS I COULDNT SURVIVE ON A LOW WAGE FOR TO LONG.

WOULD IT BE BETTER TO GAIN SOME EXSPERINCE IN THE UK FIRST OR WOULD I BE AS WELL TO SAVE MY MONEY AND WAIT TILL I GET TO OZ?

IVE SEEN JOBS ON LINE IN HAIRDRESSING WICH IVE BEEN DOING FOR TO LONG AND THEY SEEM TO PAY CRAP, IM SICK OF WINGING CLIENT (SORRY) AND REALY COULDNT GIVE A **** WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING TONIGHT AND WHO THEY PLAN ON DOING IT WITH.ITS A VERY SUPERFICIAL ENVIROMENT. I KNOW I MIGHT HAVE TO DO IT TO START WITH BUT THE CHANCE OF DOING SOMTHING ELSE IS VERY APEALING.

ANY INFO OR ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT,

CHEERS ALL.:idea:

Guest Laura G

Hi,

You could re-train once you have PR, for example there is a Bricklaying course at the Sunshine Coast TAFE, it is offered to International Students at $22,500.00 for the two year part time course, i'm sure as a resident you may get a discount, at the end of the course you get a trade cert, there are reports that self employed good brickies are earning $1000.00 per day :jiggy:

Guest Abi&Dan

My OH will be doing an air con/refrigeration course on a temp spouse's visa (I think it's apprentiships you must be PR for) - it's also $22.5k and that includes the qual (same as what full 4 yr apprents get) plus quals in a couple of things that help you run your own business/ safety (you can do it without these for $16k) - takes 2 years 20 hours pw.

Can't wait!! (Just hope he likes it cos he hates being a mechanic!!)

But if you're going on skilled you'll probably be PR so check out the TAFE colleges - they have loads of courses so you can take your pick

Good luck x

Archived